Director, Technical Program Management: Product Strategic Programs
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) play a critical role at Salesforce in leading large-scale, cross-functional initiatives within our Technology & Products organizations. TPMs oversee programs through from beginning to end, ensuring a better workflow and more effective communication. They work closely with executives and key company stakeholders to drive critical programs and activities across the company.
The Director of Technical Program Management for Product Strategic Programs (Internally known as Cross-Cloud) will build and drive the operational backbone of Strategic Cross-Cloud initiatives for the Technology & Products organization. This person will often start and craft new strategic programs that span clouds and business units and be responsible for partnering with cross-functional and cross-cloud leadership teams to drive the strategy of one or more of these key programs. The TPM will help to plan, organize, and work with teams to execute the vision. The Cross-Cloud TPM will often be covering new ground within the company and will need to determine how different organizations work, align key people to goals, and be creative in determining how to drive to success, leveraging successful models where they exist and creating processes and best practices where they don't. This is an individual contributor role.
- Thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and innovation.
- Love to wear multiple hats and can juggle multiple priorities.
- Keen reader of people, culture, and tea leaves; builds the relationships to make things happen.
- Highly functional in an energizing environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding executive presence and communications professional.
- A service-oriented-minded person who "Thinks Customer."
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas.
- Lead programs by achieving alignment on program scope, release planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, business goals, crafting program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment.
- Drive teams through the Software engineering experience using Agile and demonstrated analytical and technical skills.
- Drive Steering Committee meetings with key stakeholders for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and drive the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with key functional stakeholders to drive focus on business goals. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical release issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, milestones, etc. (cross functional - Product Owners, Scrum Masters, TechOps, Release Eng, Capacity, Functional Managers, Release Management).
- Provide visibility to program status (issues, risks, metrics, etc.) on an ongoing basis through push status reporting (to all stakeholders, team members, and interested parties).
- Lead "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams, scrum teams, functions, divisions, and stakeholders.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into current state of project goals, risks, and critical issues).
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- 10+ years experience managing technical, complex initiatives & projects from initiation to completion in enterprise software, preferably with a SaaS/PaaS based Product Development organization; strong knowledge of the SaaS business model and its product development lifecycle.
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the entire company
- Experience with product development lifecycle, and software development lifecycle, practicing principles of Lean and Agile and how to blend with traditional project management best practices
- Proven ability to work effectively and prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to align with the broader organizational vision and goals
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus and customized approaches for different audiences
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with an ability to exercise sound judgment in resolving issues and conflict
- Ability to master technical subjects and technologies relevant to the program.
- Ability to execute and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Experience successfully managing projects with remote and global team members
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $174,900 to $253,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $190,800 to $276,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.