Solution Engineer, Small & Medium Business
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Also known as a " Pre-Sales Engineer" or "Solutions Consultant," the Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting a broad range of Salesforce solutions to prospects and customers while handling all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value. Through carefully planned discovery with a range of stakeholders you will uncover the specific business requirements and value drivers that make this a compelling and transformative project. Working with the extended sales team you will help to develop a differentiated solution, demonstrate this to the customer, and address any questions and concerns they may have. During this process you will create impactful relationships with your customers and strive to become their trusted advisor.
- Work with small to medium size organizations across a range of industries to understand their challenges and goals through focused discovery sessions and workshops
- Build and present customized product demonstrations
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of your proposed solution to business managers and executives
- Be an innovator who can create new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning and sharing new knowledge
- Manage multiple customer engagements concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Present at marketing events
- Training and enablement of the sales team
- Be self motivated, flexible, and proactive
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as needed
- 3+ years of experience in a comparable pre-sales or client consulting position, supporting the sales cycle in selling CRM or other high value business solution
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a focus on capturing requirements and use cases, developing a solution and articulating business value
- Superior presentation and demonstration skills with a focus on storytelling
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems
- Experience of working across a range of industries and be able to understand the current landscape and typical challenges and opportunities.
- Technical understanding of SAAS solutions, architecture and modern business applications including integrations
- A broad understanding of Cloud Computing and CRM
- Experience in multi product solution selling
- Business Analysis and Business case/ROI construction
- Detailed knowledge of Salesforce platform.
- Toronto Office - in office 3-5 days per week
What’s in it for you:
- Structured on-boarding and training program
- Outstanding benefits package including Comprehensive Health Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Program, Company Matching 401k, Wellness Reimbursement (https://salesforcebenefits.com/us/benefits-at-a-glance.html)
- Clear pathways for career development
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.