To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryEnterprise Technology & Infrastructure
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Do you enjoy helping writers make their technical content more engaging, educational, and helpful to customers? Are you able to translate complex concepts into concise and accessible language? We're looking for these qualities in our next editor located in India for the global Content Experience team. The CX team is made up of subject matter experts, skilled writers, and customer advocates. Our work drives adoption, deflects customer support cases, and makes our customers highly successful and connected to Salesforce.
Our user interface text, help articles, in-app user assistance, developer content, release notes, and videos help customers be successful with Salesforce features. You’ll edit content from a customer perspective, making sure that its value is clear, its complexity is simplified, and its use case is relevant. You'll work to ensure adherence to our style guidelines and writing principles and facilitate writing training and coaching. You'll spend your days working with writers to help shape and rework their content, making sure it's valuable and relevant to customers, has a clear audience and goal in mind, and stays true to the voice, tone, style, and spirit of the Salesforce brand. This is not a copy or line editor job. This is a challenging role for someone who has considerable experience editing and understanding a wide variety of technical content, is an exceptional writer, and is passionate about helping people learn.
- Content editing and copyediting Salesforce customer-facing content.
- Understand the Salesforce products and services that you support
- Help writers create engaging, accurate, relevant content that’s focused on customer use cases.
- Work with new and established writers to achieve the appropriate structure, voice, and tone.
- Help maintain the CX team's standards and guidelines.
- Manage your editorial queue and workflow.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, leadership, and judgment.
- Help educate new writers and teams about the editorial process through writing training and coaching.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Minimum 3 years professional editing experience
- Experience editing highly technical content include content for software developers
- Experience with content management systems, XML authoring
- Innovative and creative editor who understands the writing process
- Experience simplifying complex ideas into help topics and release notes
- Adherence to style guidelines, US-English syntax, spelling, and grammar
- Experienced at editing dual language writers’ content
- Skilled at giving and receiving feedback about editorial reviews and content quality
- Ability to spot opportunities for writers to enhance their content with graphics and video
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment on a fast-growing team
- Ability to balance high standards for quality with rapid turnaround times
- Experience with Salesforce or customer relationship management products
- Knowledge and experience with content structuring in DITA and authoring in XML with Oxygen or other XML editors
- Experience with instructional design, curriculum development, training, and coaching
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.