Summer 2024 Intern - Cloud GTM Strategy
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
About Futureforce University Recruiting
Our Futureforce University Recruiting program is dedicated to attracting, retaining and cultivating talent. Our interns and new graduates work on real projects that affect how our business runs, giving them the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the future of our company. With offices all over the world, our recruits have the chance to collaborate and connect with fellow employees on a global scale. We offer job shadowing, mentorship programs, talent development courses, and much more.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Cloud GTM Strategy and Operations team partners with Salesforce Product executives to drive GTM execution, strategic planning, business analysis, and growth across our ever growing product portfolio.
This role is a hybrid of traditional roles in strategic planning, sales strategy, finance and analytics focused on product go-to-market - requiring a mix of market and business analysis, sales optimization, and business operational support. Projects range from the strategic to the operational: KPI development, Go-to-Market planning and revenue forecasting, new product introductions, market research, data quality projects and sales pipeline analysis, custom performance analysis, scalable reporting infrastructure, enablement tech implementations, analytics dashboards, and the packaging of data into queryable data sets.
A successful candidate will have a relentless curiosity, and possess a passion for creating innovative analysis and the flexibility to identify and execute on opportunities. An ideal candidate will also be comfortable working with technical and non-technical stakeholders, must be a team player, able to manage multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
- Design and maintain key performance dashboards through automation
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance.
- Assist in developing ad-hoc data analysis to present to Cloud GTM Strategy group
- Lead ongoing analysis of business performance to support daily operations using SQL and Excel
- Monitor key performance metrics and deliver insights and recommendations to sales and product leadership
- Troubleshoot operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/processes to fix root causes
- Assist in developing and delivering presentations for senior executives, crafting the messages for sales and product leadership
- Drive strategic initiatives including product expansion, white space analysis, new product launches, and pipeline management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the go-to-market model and identify opportunities to improve product GTM efficiency and effectiveness
- Build reports and dashboards in Salesforce.com, Google Sheets, and Tableau
- Support Salesforce process enhancements, modifications and best practices development
- Current Junior/Rising Senior planning on graduating Spring/Summer 2025; all majors welcome, pursuing a BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics a plus
- GPA of a 3.5 or above
- Completed coursework in data analysis, economics, strategy, advanced mathematics or statistics
- Strong Excel / Google sheets modeling skills
- PowerPoint / Google slide presentation building skills
- Experience analyzing large data sets, distilling to actionable insights
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft high quality project plans
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information to wide audiences, including executives and dissolve complex issues and detailed analysis into concrete action plans
- Able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast pace, rapid change environment
- Ability to succeed in a collaborative, start-up paced environment
- Complex and creative problem solving ability
- A team player, with willingness to go above and beyond to deliver excellence
- Intellectually curious, detail-oriented, and driven to make an impact on the business
- Basic understanding and experience applying statistics to business problems
- Comfortable accessing data across diverse platforms
- Experience analyzing or building reporting related to key performance metrics a plus
- Experience and/or certification with Tableau or database querying knowledge (SQL, Oracle, etc.) a plus
- Experience developing dashboards or performing analysis, collaborating with stakeholders to gather requirements, and building solutions using an iterative approach
- A passion for cloud computing and the social enterprise
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $30 to $30.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.