Software Engineering - SDET - Senior/Lead/Principal
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: This is a generic job posting linked to multiple openings as well as multiple grade levels (Mid-level through Senior/Lead-level). Once your profile has been reviewed and approved to move forward you will be moved to the respective opening internally.
* By applying to the SDET - Software Quality Engineer posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring quality engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
As a member on the Salesforce Quality Team, you will use agile methodologies to plan, coordinate, and lead customer engagements that result in automated tests and guidance to product teams. We are looking for a critical thinker with a natural curiosity to learn our customers’ business, use skills to extract user scenarios from conversations and data and then translate your findings into automatable test plans which either you or a member of the team will automate. A successful team member should have a strong quality approach and will ensure our customers receive high quality work. You will constantly find opportunities to share information and collaborate with other teams for the benefit of our customers, partners, and each other!
Build a confirmed automation tech foundation that will guide engineering teams to build, execute, and be responsible for various different types of tests across the testing pyramid (#shiftleft). Design and delivers automaton and automation framework for products with a quality approach and provide mentorship through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team!
- Master the Salesforce development process and codebase, in order to improve it
- Participate in a Test Design Review Board for integration test plans within and across clouds with focus on functional, business, scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility
- Master clouds requirements (e.g. underlying tech stack, business usage, implementation)
- Build end-to-end, cross cloud-impacting, integration automation (API and UI) with variegated organizations
- Connect with customers to understand real-life usage, build test cases
- Execute Testing with sophisticated org setup, multifaceted data shapes
- Prioritize and drive cross-product testing
- Advocate for customer improvements
- Observe product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Tackle production issues
- You are providing leadership and mentorship to others on your scrum teams, as well as providing mentoring to others who may be on other scrum teams
- Experience in quality engineering, usability, or business analysis
- A related technical degree required or quantifiable professional experience
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address intricate problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Experience with automation (UI and Backend)
- Grasp of Object Oriented Programming
- Familiar with industry quality & usability practices
- Proficient in writing functional automation (UI/API)
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Effectively communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner and ability to coordinate cross-team efforts
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Experience with developer tools like git, Maven and Eclipse IDE
- Good grasp of relational databases and SQL
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $99,800 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $108,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.