Auditor, Internal Audit
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Internal Audit Organization is an independent and objective function that assists Salesforce to meet its goals through independent reviews and assessments. Specifically, the Internal Audit Organization evaluates and provides recommendations to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of the company’s processes, information systems, and underlying internal control environment. The Internal Audit Organization also evaluates and assists in improving the effectiveness of the Company’s risk management and governance processes. This function reports administratively to the President and Chief Financial Officer and directly to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Company’s Board of Directors.
We are looking for an Internal Auditor to excel with an amazing team to support you. You will have the opportunity to support audit activities for the Company’s corporate back-office functions (e.g., Finance, Legal, Employee Success), go-to-market/customer-facing functions (e.g., Sales, Support, Services), and technology and product functions (e.g., Business Technology, Engineering, Product Management).
Success will be measured upon the Auditor successfully performing key tasks, including:
- Support and conduct risk-based audits over business operations throughout the Company, including assurance audits, partner channel reviews, advisory projects, and integration readiness activities
- Be intellectually curious and passionate about internal audit, learning about new processes, systems, and technologies and how to make them better, driven by “doing the right thing”, effectively maneuver through the organization, influence others, and keep up with a dynamic and constantly evolving environment
- Be a team-oriented individual who can effectively work at all levels within the organization, both within Audit and by collaborating with other 2nd line risk and compliance teams and 1st line business partners
- Be a “self-starter” with the ability to handle project commitments independently, with minimal oversight
- Assist Senior Auditors and Audit Managers / Senior Managers with planning and general team functions
- Assist with planning, fieldwork, and reporting throughout the audit life cycle
- Develop a strong understanding of Salesforce's business model, processes, systems, and underlying controls, and influence positive change in these areas
- Be knowledgeable in project management standard processes including project plans, charters, and task management
- Individually and with the team, build relationships and work with process owners to understand and detail their operations and the underlying internal control environment
- Develop and complete audit testing procedures to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Prepare high-quality audit work papers documenting the test steps performed and the results and recommendations
- Deliver assigned audit tasks and other project tasks within required timelines and with minimal direction, with a focus on delivering quality and adhering to global audit methodologies
- Lead issue follow up and closure process for open Management Action plans, resulting from past audits
- Stay abreast of standard methodologies, both internally and externally, and provide a conduit for introducing those practices to the Company
- Be a role model for the Company’s values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards
- A minimum of 1-2 years experience in Internal Audit, Compliance, or Risk Assurance and the ability to demonstrate:
- Understanding of and experience with the audit life cycle
- Understanding of audit standard processes in the form of planning, fieldwork, and reporting
- Experience working with business owners and teams in an audit capacity
- Strong understanding of financial audit and financial, operational and IT internal control methodologies and terminology (e.g., COSO), including documentation and testing
- Proven technical understanding of financial accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), and knowledge of and ability to research and apply the guidance to a changing control environment
- Highest level of ethics, independence, and integrity
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Ability to work in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Understanding of business processes related to technology companies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Intellectual curiosity
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Experience auditing IT general controls
- Comfortable working remotely, and supporting a fully global, multicultural, and distributed team
- Knowledge about cloud computing or technology businesses and processes
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, or other relevant audit certifications
- Close proximity to Dallas, Atlanta, or Indianapolis is preferred as this is a hybrid role
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.