Full-Stack Software Engineer, Front End Focus - Application Development (Lead, Principal)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Tableau Public is a free Tableau platform to explore, create and publicly share data visualizations online. With the largest repository of data visualizations in the world to learn from, Tableau Public makes developing data skills easy. Our primary mission is to help all people see and understand the meaning behind the world’s data, covering a wealth of domains from social justice to health care to environmental issues. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau Public is the place for you.
As a Lead/Principal Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to influence dedicated software engineers, inside and outside of your team. You will play a key role in establishing best practices and driving architectural and complex decisions on larger initiatives. Working closely with other technical leads, you will actively look for integration opportunities, knowledge sharing and promoting innovative ideas that will benefit the broader organization. Working in close collaboration with our Product Managers, you will contribute to the short and long term vision of our product by ensuring the quality of the team deliverables and maintaining the architecture/tech debt backlog. Finally, you love learning new things, being a mentor, and leading by example as you push for engineering excellence.
- Architect, design, implement, test and deliver highly scalable products
- Learn our development process, culture and code base, then join us in improving it
- Be a partner to others in our engineering process like UX, Product Managers, Marketing, infrastructure teams, etc.
- Mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes based on your knowledge and an industry savvy approach.
- Present your own designs to internal/external groups and review designs of others
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code quality and release confidence
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address sophisticated problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- 7-10+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience that will allow you to start contribute quickly to our codebase which will be a selection of the following (where gaps exist in your knowledge, we’re committed to help you ramp up on those skills or collaborate with our team experts)
- Deep knowledge of object oriented programming and experience with at least one object oriented programming language (Java, C++, C#)
- High proficiency in at least one high-level programming language and its web framework (Spring, NodeJS, Flask, but you may know Express, Hapi, Django, Rails, etc.)
- Solid understanding of database technologies such as SQL, relational database schema design, and knowledge of NoSQL DBs like DynamoDB
- Application design and deployment using container technologies
- Infrastructure skills, like Terraform, build pipelines
- Testing and validating your own software through a variety of techniques across layers: unit, integration, end-to-end including mocking and UI testing
- Excellent communication skills
Skills that will help you and the team:
- Working experience with multiple front-end frameworks, such as React, NextJS, Angular, Vue, Ember, etc. to have an opinion of the strengths of each versus the others
- Experience designing and developing backend APIs, applying RESTful patterns, rummaging through SOAP documentation, working with gRPC
- Working experience with backend frameworks like Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate and their deployment (e.g. Tomcat server, in a tuned JVM)
- Experience building applications in AWS, including the usual highlights: EC2, EKS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, IAM, DDB
- Experience as a Scrum/Agile lead
- Related technical degree
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $172,500 to $280,200.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.