Senior Director, Web Localization Engineering
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is transforming the way prospects, customers and Trailblazers interact with the company on the web. We are unifying the digital experience of online visitors across corporate brand websites and our Trailblazer ecosystem on a shared digital platform. The result will be dynamic and personalized based on a visitors role, industry, and location. It will also be a showcase of Salesforce products.
The Localization Engineering Lead will oversee the strategy, roadmap and technology development for content translation and localization on salesforce.com. They will have end-to-end accountability for building and managing the localization services, working with partners in Marketing and other Salesforce functions. This person will oversee the development of :
- Automation of the translation of content into over 20 languages
- Development of workflow to expedite touch points for translation
- Strategy for enhanced translation services based on machine learning.
- Strategy and delivery of tools for localized content such as customer references and events.
- Capabilities to generate localized content dynamically based into websites
- Own and drive all aspects of the Localization Automation product from vision to delivery to customer adoption.
- Partner with localization operations and content production teams across salesforce on the requirements, adoption and use of the product.
- Build and manage an integrated team of Product Management, Software Engineers and System Engineers staffed in your direct reporting organization.
- Engage with the CMO and EVP / SVP stakeholders on direction and feedback for how the we drive global rollout of campaigns and messaging on salesforce.com
- Interface regularly with customers at events, during sales engagements, and through ad hoc sessions to develop strategy and ensure customer success.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes, and then work on a daily basis with teams to make them a reality.
- Define and drive key product metrics with analysts to measure product success
- History of product delivery with 10+ years of software product management experience.
- Proven ability to set a vision, excite and lead cross-functional engineering and partner teams.
- Experience with web site content development and localization.
- Deep architectural and technical experience with websites and modern internet technologies.
- Proven track record to building cross-functional teams and developing team members.
- Ability to manage competing and evolving priorities. There will always be more than you can do in a day so you need continually make sure you have the right priorities and focus.
- Exceptional technical abilities with demonstrated ability to earn the respect of high caliber engineering and data science teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Significant experience in presentations to internal and external executives.
- Experience with agile methodologies like scrum for software development.
- Salesforce and/or customer relationship management software experience a plus.
- Marketing and eCommerce experience a plus.
- Hands-on software engineering background a significant plus.
- The ideal candidate would have experience with B2B and B2C experiences
- Excitement to learn and always expand your knowledge. Salesforce is an ever-growing product/company that serves a wide range of customers – there is always more to learn!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $194,400 to $296,600.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.