Senior Director, Technical Program Management: Core Customer Ramp to Hyperforce
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryProgram & Project Management
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Technical Program Managers (TPMs) play a meaningful role at Salesforce in leading large-scale, cross-functional initiatives within our Technology & Products organizations. TPMs are responsible for programs through from beginning to end, ensuring a better workflow and more effective communication. They work closely with executives and key company partners to drive critical programs and activities across the company!
The Senior Director of Technical Program Management for the Core Customer Ramp to Hyperforce will be responsible for leading strategic technology programs at Salesforce that will accelerate the upgrade of customers to Hyperforce. Core represents the company’s largest workloads deployed on Hyperforce, Salesforce’s newest infrastructure product offering built on top of third party substrates. This person will partner with our leadership team to drive cross-functional and cross-domain planning and execution across multiple clouds, like Engineering, Customer Enablement, Legal and Product to deliver key business value.
This is a fast paced, dynamic environment with mission critical business deliverables. Hyperforce is a quickly expanding infrastructure as the scale, frequency, and complexity of each set of org migrations is increasing rapidly. There will be a steady stream of unforeseen challenges and with that communications, coordination, organization, leadership, flexibility and ownership will be key in succeeding in this role.
Strong candidates will have excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization from individual engineers to senior executives as well a proven track record leading large highly complex projects. Though this is an individual contributor role, you will thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery and innovation!
- Love to wear multiple hats.
- Builds the relationships to make things happen.
- Highly functional in an energizing environment.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic.
- Outstanding executive presence and communications professional.
- A service-oriented-minded person who "Thinks Customer."
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation, and ideas.
- Lead programs by aligning across program scope, and release planning, as well as aligning one or more teams on vision, and business goals, crafting program structure, and securing cross-functional alignment.
- Drive teams through the Software engineering experience using Agile and analytical and technical skills.
- Drive Steering Committee meetings with key partners for each program to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues. Be the key driver to ensure business goals are met and drive the strategic vision of each program.
- Develop strong partnerships with key functional team members to drive focus on business goals. Be a trusted partner for executive management to ensure program success.
- Partner with cross-functional teammates to drive workgroup alignment meetings to address tactical program issues, dependencies, team status, production issues, metrics review, milestones, etc. (cross functional - CSG, Legal, Product, Sales, Marketing, Security, Finance).
- Lead "program/feature" dependencies across multiple teams, scrum teams, functions, divisions, and partners.
- Anticipate and remove obstacles with a sense of urgency that slow down or prevent project teams from delivering on project goals.
- Provide monthly program reviews and updates at sprint reviews (deep dive into the current state of project goals, risks, and critical issues).
- Create a collaborative environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and learning.
- Be a catalyst within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally and drive others in the organization to change.
- 15+ years (Senior Director, TPM) of enterprise software/technical program or engineering management experience at an enterprise technology company.
- 8+ years of conducting and leading SaaS product development programs; shown understanding of the SaaS business model and its product development lifecycle.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
- Deep experience with the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and team members.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and relationship-building skills conducive to driving consensus; able to work in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Experience with Portfolio Management.
- Ability to master technical subjects and technologies relevant to the program.
- Strong organizational, project management, analysis, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $198,800 to $303,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $216,900 to $330,800.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.