Software Engineering LMTS- SDET- Sales Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
- Come join the all new Sales Data applications organization which is at the intersection of Sales, AI and Data cloud. Multiple Q3 engineers are needed to drive big impact while working in the exciting AI space. These opportunities are in the HYD (primary) and BLR (alternate) centre and will have its own charter. We are looking for multiple Q3 engineers (MTS, SMTS, LMTS) to come and help us build next generation of products. You will be working with some of the finest Q3s in Salesforce who have not only excelled in their role but have also developed tools like Bento, Q3Bot, ScratchBot, Taleggio, Anomaly Detection, etc. that are used across Salesforce. As a Q3 engineer you will influence the design and drive our # value Trust across teams. You will need have hands on programming experience (Java, JS preferable) and need to know how to produce a good test plan/spec.
- Independently designs and delivers automaton and automation framework for products with a quality mindset
- Provides oversight through code and design reviews for features delivered by other developers within their scrum team.
- Master the Salesforce development process, culture and code base, in order to improve it.
- Analysis and Design: Participate in a Test Design Review Board for integration test plans within and across clouds with focus on functional, business, complex scenarios, high impact projects, usability, and accessibility
- Master clouds requirements (e.g. underlying tech stack, business usage, implementation)
- Create end-to-end, cross cloud-impacting, integration automation (API and UI) with complex orgs
- Interface with customers to understand real life usage, build test cases
- Execute Testing with complex org setup, varied data shapes
- Organize and drive cross product testing
- Advocate for customer enhancements
- Monitor product and/or feature-level quality health metrics (testability, test health, test coverage, etc)
- Works closely with senior developers, PM, and UX to ensure their features are delivered to meet business and quality requirements
- Troubleshoot production issue
- You are providing leadership and coaching to others on your scrum teams, as well as providing mentoring to others who may be on other scrum teams
Desired skills and experience
The ability to work independently, as part of a team and within multiple teams • The ability of defining the right quality assurance process for the organization • Experience with testing methodologies and automation technologies. •Define and influence a quality culture that enables both rapid transformation of ideas to requirements to products, and diligent and deliberate compliance to internal quality management system requirements in design and developing them.
Describe the team
We are a strong accomplished organization of quality experts that believe in Quality, Innovation, and WLB. We are passionate with all things Quality, tooling and engineering efficiency. We believe in being a trusted advisor to engineering teams.
- Owns multiple features within their product area. Capable of owning complex or highly ambiguous features. Has broader understanding of all functionality owned by their scrum teams.
- Assists in on-boarding stakeholders (Development teams, Product teams, Q3) in quality and automation focus. Aware of industry standard techniques used to ensure high quality software, such as testing tools, development methodologies and engineering practices.
- Advises scrum team members on quality concerns and supports them in improving design and development practices.
- Influences SFDC quality tools and processes by providing feedback and suggestions for improvements.
- Has developed deeper and broader knowledge of the platform and applications through pairs testing, testing parties, scrum team work, and ongoing training.
- Has a solid understanding of the areas their scrum teams own and knows "what they don't know" about the application and seeks out the necessary understanding to ensure thorough test coverage.
- Has an expert-level knowledge of many areas of that product. Is the "go-to" person for the areas that their scrum team owns. Should be able to understand and assess risk for cross-functional impact based on developed understanding of the significant portions of the application.
- Seeks feedback for detailed impact where needed. Exhibits this understanding in their thorough test planning and test plan reviews.
- Identifies feature areas that need additional/enhanced testing and organizes test reviews to resolve issues. Uses deep and broad understanding of the Salesforce.com application to ensure thorough and rigorous testing of the E2E feature integration testing.
- Vocal participation in design reviews, technical specification reviews, and test plan reviews with an eye for dependencies and corner cases and the ability to influence and contribute significantly to feature design.
- Will keep informed of issues / risks impacting the feature deliverables, seeking assistance when needed.
- Able to mentor scrum teams, Q3 teams in good test case design practices
- Works with the scrum teams closely every sprint. Advocates for practices that contribute to high quality including iterative development, test driven development, implementing constructive feedback from sprint retrospectives, maintaining excellent automation coverage, etc.
- Carefully monitors the accuracy and quality of work methods and outputs. Is committed to excellence. Seeks out and applies best practices. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues. Addresses problems with accuracy, speed and thoroughness.
- Organizes work that requires coordination with others. Encourages others to look at problems and processes in new ways. Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue. Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness. Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- May assist MTS and AMTS team members in planning and organizing work.
- Strives to understand technical implementation of their feature. Understands integration, security issues that affect their feature areas.
- Adopt to the use of github or version controls tools.
- Solid programming (preferably Java, Java Script) & database skills and hands on experience. Is able to determine effective test cases related to database changes. Understands the technical implementation of their feature. Understands how their feature areas uses core technologies such as the UDD, API, etc. Can mentor others in MTS and AMTS levels on their technical competencies.
- Contributes tests to Ftests, Selenium, ProdTest for their feature area. Knows Ftest utilities available to them and uses them effectively. Understands coding practices.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.