Lead Security Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Lead Security Engineer
Trust is Salesforce’s number one value, and we invest heavily in the security space to create the safest enterprise cloud platform. We are looking for an experienced and motivated Lead Security Engineer to join our security team at Salesforce. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a security team that is responsible for the security of MuleSoft’s cloud infrastructure, applications, and data. To be successful in this role, you must have a deep understanding of security principles, industry best practices, and experience with both cloud and on-premises security solutions. You must also be a highly motivated self-starter with excellent communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills. The Lead Security Engineer will play a critical role in designing, deploying, and maintaining security solutions for MuleSoft’s cloud infrastructure and applications. You will work closely with other security team members, engineering teams, and business stakeholders to ensure the security of Salesforce’s data and infrastructure. If you are passionate about security and have the necessary technical skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.
- The Lead Security Engineer will play a critical role in designing, building, deploying, and maintaining security solutions (including automation) for MuleSoft’s cloud.
- Work collaboratively with Salesforce Trust and MuleSoft Engineering teams, leading efforts to integrate security measures into the product and software development lifecycles.
- Monitor and analyze security events for suspicious activities.
- Perform vulnerability assessments and security audits, providing feedback/best practices to stakeholders.
- Mentor junior personnel, providing guidance, advice, feedback, and support to help them grow in their careers.
- 7+ years of proven experience in the security field, including product/application security, penetration testing, threat modeling, and/or network security.
- Good understanding of cloud security principles with hands-on experience in securing cloud-based applications and infrastructure, with a demonstrated track record of securing products and infrastructure against potential threats.
- Must be a highly-motivated self-starter with excellent communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with common web application testing tools for DAST, SAST, and IAST analysis.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins.
- Experienced with developing Shell (Bash) Scripts deployed in production environments.
- Experience using Terraform, Python.
- Experience in AWS services such as EC2, EKS, Lambda, RDS, etc. Experience in cloud service deployment.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.