To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Data and Analytics Organization (DnA) is Salesforce's cornerstone for fostering growth and margins through unparalleled data insights. From robust governance to strategic execution, we support data pioneers with an unbiased approach. Our Enterprise Data Strategy builds a solid data foundation, fostering a culture of data-driven decisions. We ensure end-to-end quality through a cohesive data supply chain. By deploying and integration platform tools, we enable seamless data access and automated data management driving efficiency and growth with actionable insights. As a steadfast partner, we shape a data ecosystem that fuels innovation. Our commitment to integrity and accessibility propels informed decision-making, propelling Salesforce to new heights of excellence.
Interesting Articles about some of our work and our culture:
Data Strategy and Management Engineering team brings Data to life, partnering with data producers and platform engineers to empower data consumers (data scientists, data analysts and visualization engineers) who consume data for business analytics and AI augmented solutions. We do this by delivering trusted data, in an agile way and make it accessible for a variety of use cases. We pride ourselves in being data curious (one who has an intrinsic need to understand a data point). We architect, automate, and scale our data curation frameworks, services, and processes to rapidly integrate disconnected and disparate raw data into a business-relevant asset and work towards one common theme - Customer Success.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and efficient data pipelines and ETL processes to support data-driven decision-making.
- Implement data validation and monitoring processes to ensure data quality and integrity throughout the data lifecycle.
- Have opinionated views on how data will be collected, stored, consumed & managed.
- Ensure compliance with governing standards, data quality & protection principles.
- Optimize data storage and retrieval mechanisms to enhance performance and cost-effectiveness, making data readily accessible for analytics.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to the development of coding standards and best practices to ensure high-quality data engineering solutions.
If You Are,
- Experienced Data Engineer: Demonstrated experience in data engineering roles with a strong foundation in data pipeline development.
- Experienced Professional:
- Proficient in big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive, Snowflake etc...
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java/Scala or equivalent
- Understanding of scalability and reliability concerns for data-intensive applications
- Data Engineering Enthusiast: Passion for data engineering and a desire to grow in this field.
- Collaborative & Communicative: Effective communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Data Advocate: Strong commitment to data quality, security, and compliance.
- Preferred: Familiarity with cloud-based data platforms (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
Minimum Requirements (Senior Data Engineer):
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering and related roles.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.