Senior Database DevOps Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Senior Database DevOps Engineer
- Responsibility and accountability for the availability and reliability of our database services.
- Perform complex root cause Analysis of service-related problems and subsequently, make and implement recommendations to prevent future occurrences or customer impact.
- Designing, scaling out our services in a multi-tenant, multi-substrate infrastructures
- Build, automate and deploy highly available, robust, resilient and secure database solutions.
- You will actively participate and influence the roadmap of Database tier through automation on Capacity Planning, Database Performance, Monitoring, Scaling - and EVERYTHING else that enables our services to delight and deliver for our customers.
- Provide technical and platform support to multiple customers and partners that have database replication and availability needs.
- Document all operational processes and procedures to optimize support and management of deployed systems - show strength in establishing repeatable processes.
- A related technical degree.
- At least 5+ years professional development experience and capable of developing and implementing DevOps standard processes.
- At least 5+ experience in working with RDBMS (Oracle, Postgres), NoSQL database infrastructures.
- Experience working with 1 or more programming languages like PLSQL, Java, Python, C.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider.
- Strong experience in working in container databases.
- Strong passion towards building and collaborating on tools and systems that empower our internal customers to achieve their organizational/mission goals.
- Ability to learn quickly and deliver high-quality code in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
- Excellent verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience or Knowledge in AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins Frameworks.
- Developing APIs and/or Data Pipelines.
- Multi-terabyte transactional databases.
- Experience in writing unit and functional tests to build solid test coverage.
- Agile development experience.
- Experience providing Production Operations support 7x24x365.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $160,000 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.