Director, Salesforce Innovation Center
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryMarketing & Communications
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Leaders from the world’s most respected brands trust Salesforce to solve today’s digital imperative and uncover tomorrow’s potential. The Salesforce Innovation Center (SIC) brings our top executives and experts together with C-suite customers to partner on the path ahead. We design strategic, customer-centric discussions that reimagine what’s possible, inspire change, and enable companies to work smarter, collaborate better, and build deeper relationships.
The role of the Director is to manage the Innovation Center engagements, fostering a strategic relationship with sales, product leaders, and our executives to deliver amazing customer experiences at our Innovation Center in Chicago. This individual will be responsible for partnering with various internal and external teams to ensure the success and growth of the program and physical space. They will lead the Chicago-based team of strategists and others involved with day-to-day briefings and help set the direction of the program in terms of product and service offerings mix. This position requires strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills and the ability to communicate to and work with executive management, sales leadership and other key partners to ensure the success of these engagements in this dynamic & fast-paced environment. You will have experience in building scalable programs and demonstrate the ability to drive cross-functional alignment.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a brand-new team and help launch our established SIC program in a new market.
- Launch, manage & ensure the success of customer engagements at our Chicago Innovation Center
- Maintain close alignment with the San Francisco & New York Innovation Centers, working with SIC Senior Leadership to improve and up-level the program
- Manage all Chicago-based SIC team members
- Drive and share ownership in multiple SIC critical initiatives
- Partner with Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS) and multiple external teams to create and maintain the Chicago SIC space
- Serve as the main point of contact for Account Teams throughout the planning cycle and during briefings
- Partner with sales leaders to develop engagements that fuel pipeline and close deals
- Architect the end-to-end customer engagement, including curating strategic discussions, positioning appropriate solutions, and determining the optimum flow of the day
- Work closely with Account Teams to gain an understanding of Customer and Sales objectives
- Translate our marketing & industry focused initiatives into actionable engagements to help drive growth.
- Partner with leaders with vision and executives on product positioning and strategy for briefings
- Work in collaboration with the broader SIC team to ensure a seamless experience across various partners: account team, discussion leader, executive leadership and customer.
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience leading and inspiring a team
- Able to effectively establish rapport, credibility, and influence across all levels and departments both internal and external
- Ability to use data and analytics to drive decision-making as well as a consistent track record of setting and delivering against measurable marketing metrics
- Strong eye for business with the ability to navigate through ambiguity to identify key objectives in order to effectively launch and manage a new program
- Exemplary communication skills and the ability to present to executive leaders, cross-functional partners, and customers
- Get-it-Done confidence to pick up and lead new projects even in the face of ambiguity
- Ability to be onsite at the Chicago SIC up to 4-5 days a week
- Experience with the Salesforce products and/or other SaaS and B2B technology platforms
- Proven experience designing and delivering executive engagements
- Familiarity with Salesforce corporate strategy and business development lifecycle
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.