Software Performance Principal / Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the most significant platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good– you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce Industries and Revenue Excellence Cloud offers fully integrated quote-to-cash capabilities and end-to-end subscription lifecycle management delivered natively on the Salesforce platform. CPQ and billing capabilities are the #1 ask by customer CROs and CIOs who want more control and efficiency in their revenue operations as they transform their businesses with subscription and usage-based offerings. We have a hardworking team with unmatched cloud computing and demonstrated ability and a culture of ownership, delivery, and innovation.
Salesforce Industries and Revenue Excellence Cloud are looking for a seasoned software engineer to take on the role of performance engineering architect. As a Performance engineering Architect, you are essential in driving performance and scalability efforts by influencing the design and architecture of Industries and Revenue Excellence Cloud’s next-generation revenue operations product.
If you like solving complicated and large-scale challenges for a distributed multi-tenant architecture on the cloud, we would love to hear from you.
- Hands-on architect who will lead by example
- Articulate and vet technical project scope, size, impact, risks, and feasibility.
- Model traffic patterns for Revenue cloud features in terms of customer expectations by collaborating with product owners and development leads
- Propose highly scalable design and architecture for features
- Proactively identify scale bottlenecks and propose solutions with proof of concepts
- Be a multiplier by leading a team of performance engineers to improve the scalability of the features delivered
- Influence engineering leaders across the company to ensure all features we provide meet our long-term scale expectations
- Deliver innovative solutions to improve performance assessment lifecycle in both production and lab
- Measure and demonstrate performance gains scientifically with proof of concepts
- Evangelize performance best practices through technical presentations at key forums for influencing broader salesforce products.
- Author portfolio and program-level documents for Performance and scale that influence broader salesforce organization.
- Drive long-term optimization strategies with impact across multiple projects.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new methodologies, lead multiple initiatives, drive a concept into a prototype, and ultimately guide the transition into a high-volume consumer product.
- Engage and work towards innovations with your peers and broader team
- Assess the feasibility of technical feature proposals and ensure that projects are cohesive with well-founded, long-term visions
- Use engagement opportunities to drive improvements in the internal performance engineering process
- Demonstrate a consistent track record of working with Engineering leaders to complete projects that are impactful to our internal and external customers and responsible for fulfilling senior leadership yearly objectives.
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience with emphasis on performance and scale
- Focus your efforts on vetting the solutions instead of prescribing them
- Proven development skills in large-scale distributed architecture
- Experience in working with highly available products (24/7)
- Experience in performance benchmarks, developing models, proof of concepts for optimizations
- Root cause analysis of performance bottlenecks in lab and production
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree (or its foreign degree equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Coach and mentor the Lead and Principle Engineers you work with, emphasizing defining and solving non-functional requirements.
- Work with other Architects in undertaking performance analysis, modeling, and projections. Produce detailed documents and models matching the proposed implementation and perform detailed tradeoff analyses for executive review and product roadmap decisions.
- Understand the tradeoffs between general purpose and custom mechanisms, be able to model data-flows, and create detailed cost/benefit analysis.
- Knowledge of database fundamentals: SQL, schema, internals (Oracle, TKProf, AWR (Automated Workload Repository), ASH (Active Session History)
- Experience with performance profiling on distributed solutions
- Experience with Java samplers or profilers like VisualVM, Dynatrace, Yourkit, or similar tools
- Experience in using UI profilers and deep knowledge of Chrome developer tools
- Experience with observability and monitoring solutions
- Experience evaluating and interpreting large volumes of production data using Splunk
- Experience in HBase, Hadoop
- Experience with caching systems like Redis
- Experience in building new methodologies and driving multiple high-impact initiatives that influence high-volume consumer products
- Agile/ Scrum methodology experience
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.