Business Value Services, Senior Manager - Mulesoft
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Acquiring new customers and ensuring ongoing customer success is the growth engine at MuleSoft. As a Business Value Services (BVS) team member, you will help drive recent customer acquisition and add-on business through the delivery of collaborative consulting engagements and deal structuring support.
We are looking for a strategic-thinking, sales-focused, and execution-oriented consultant to work on our most important accounts during sales cycles to:
- Champion value selling, executing collaborative value assessments with key strategic accounts
- Participate on the account team as a strategic partner, informing and influencing account strategy and success plans
- Support the latter stages of sales cycles with deal engineering, proposal build, and negotiation
- Establish credibility with customer executives, such as CIOs, CTOs, CDOs and CFOs based on experience with IT, digital transformation, and large capex projects
- Coordinate and lead business strategy discussions with the most strategic accounts
- Collaborate with members of other customer-facing functions in developing and executing on strategic growth plays
- Quickly learn the customer’s industry and business model
- Identify critical stakeholders and navigate decision-making processes
- Provide thought leadership, training, and consultative partnering with internal sales and other cross-functional customer-facing teams throughout the sales cycle
In this highly visible role, you will work closely with MuleSoft leadership and account teams to champion value selling, execute cross-functional value assessments for our priority customers, gain sponsorship from senior customer stakeholders, act as a strategic adviser and partner, and assist with deal structuring and proposal development efforts for the largest deals and most strategic accounts.
What you’ll achieve:
- Complete onboarding plan and comprehensive training
- Learn MuleSoft’s solutions, positioning, competition, product suite, and pricing
- Internalize MuleSoft’s value proposition, success stories and best practices
- Establish relationships with regional leadership and account teams
- Begin owning and executing value assessments
- Actively participate in key accounts and largest deals in the assigned operating unit(s), by providing strategic advice, executing value assessments, evaluating buying options, creating proposals, and/or other customer-facing materials
- Continuously enable, train, and upskill partner field functions (i.e., sales, customer success, solution engineering) on value-selling
- Support scaling of value-focused messaging by championing and improving self-service materials
- Ensure the team owns the full lifecycle of a value assessment, including:
- Gaining sponsorship from senior customer stakeholders
- Scoping the approach
- Conducting stakeholder discovery interviews and workshops
- Presenting recommendations back to customer executives
- Continuously challenge and refine our team’s value assessment approach, methodology, and tools and introduce new ideas to make us more successful over time
- Develop credibility with sales leaders and help grow the business in your operating unit(s)
What will help you be successful:
- Possess 6+ years of work experience, including 2-3 years of IT strategy consulting, value advisory or management consulting experience
- Possess a mix of business and technical acumen with the ability to engage and add value in discussions involving digital transformation, industry trends, and IT best practices
- Ability to understand customer pain points, how to build high-level recommendations to solve those pain points, and how to measure the impact
- Proven track record of both engaging and challenging senior executives with a strong point of view
- Comfortable with technology - a credible evangelist who is experienced in translating technology into business impact for customers
- Excited about immersing yourself in a customer’s business and connecting the dots to how MuleSoft can impact the business; the ability to make the high-level connection between a customer’s business objectives and the enabling digital transformation or technology
- Experience in quickly building credibility and establishing alignment with sales leaders
- Strong interpersonal, written, analytical, and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 40% to meet with strategic customers
- English, Portuguese and Spanish in advanced level
Additional information about our team and mission can be found here: https://www.mulesoft.com/support-and-services/mobilize-consulting-solutions
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.