Software Engineering Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the architect posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring architects will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams. There are multiple opportunities within Backend Architecture, Front-End Architecture and AI/ML Architecture (this can change frequently).
Salesforce has Software Architect opportunities throughout the company! These positions require technical skills and outstanding analytical and influencing skills paired with extraordinary business insight. It is a multi-functional role that requires alignment building and communication within a large engineering organization!
- Coordinates and drives the end-to-end architecture of the product
- Crafts overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards
- Creates solutions that are enterprise scalable and maintainable
- Drive strategic technology initiatives, working with Product Managers, other Architects,, Engineers,, SME's and the broader Salesforce organization
- Works in a consultative fashion to improve communication, teamwork and alignment among teams inside and outside of the organization
- Analyzes and provides feedback on product strategy
- Provides input into long-range product requirements, standard methodologies, and operational guidelines, with focus on continuous improvement of platform reliability and serviceability
- Drives research, case studies, and prototypes on innovative technologies and how they can be used
- Ensures that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- Mastery in multiple programming languages and platforms
- 15+ years of software development experience
- Ability to independently craft and deliver large sophisticated projects
- Ability to provide (informal) mentorship to team members to support their understanding of the architecture and aid in their technical development
- Experience with Agile development methodology (e.g., Scrum)
- Ability to work with other architects, principal architects, and Chief Technology Officers to craft the architectural vision and roadmap for the organization
- Develops technical performance architecture that solves most complex performance issues
- Ability to drive long-term design strategies that span multiple complex projects, deliver technical reports and performance presentations to customers and at industry events
- Ability to build an environment for clear and open discussion of all issues You involve the right people, from your team and others, to resolve critical issues
- Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle. Some roles require experience on a product that was released for public consumption across multiple releases
- A related technical degree required
- Familiarity with Salesforce platform a plus
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.