Software Engineering Architect
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Software Engineering Architect
Location: SF / Seattle / U.S Remote
The Software Engineering Architect role is within Salesforce’s Digital & Strategy group under CMO, which is responsible for globally innovating Salesforce digital experiences offered to customers, visitors , prospects on Salesforce.com website and all digital channels, demonstrating best-in-class technology and systems including Salesforce’s own platforms.
This horizontal role encompasses defining technical vision and software architecture that spans multiple domains including but not limited to: Web Application Development, Content Management Systems, Knowledge Graph, Transactional Services, Identity (OAUTH2) , Federated Graphs, Streaming and ML integrations. You will work with a group of world-class engineers across these domains to build the breakthrough features that aligns to technical vision while keeping our trusted platform stable and scalable. You will collaborate with product management, engineering and executive leadership to help to define roadmaps, drive design and implement services.
Are you ready to bring your engineering expertise from complex enterprise environments to Salesforce? Do you place a high value on being part of a company that emphasizes equality, diversity, innovation, and doing the right thing for ourselves, our community, and our consumers?
Join our team to define the future of Digital!
- Serve as a technical leader in determining the best approach across domains
- Translate business vision into well-architected solutions that best leverage our platforms and products
- Collaborate with a team of Salesforce Architects, Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs
- Evaluate and advocate for modern technologies to accelerate delivery and improve engineering efficiency
- Design platform services that are consumable by 30+ teams across the company to deliver experiences on www.salesforce.com
- Work with Directors & Senior Directors in Product Management & Engineering functions to align 3 quarter product roadmaps with technical deliveries.
- Coach and mentor lead engineers to scale the engineering organization
- Thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and innovation
- 12+ years of professional software development experience, including 5+ years as a chief architect/technical leader driving solutions that span 8+ engineering teams.
- Proficient in modern software architectural principles and distributed system design patterns
- Experience in building highly available globally distributed systems on public cloud infrastructure
- Experience in one or more of large scale Salesforce technology implementations - Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Data Cloud or Flow Builder
- Experience in building scalable applications based on micro-service architecture in public cloud infrastructure : AWS components like API Gateway, Lambdas, SNS, SQS, ElastiCache, AppSync etc
- Experience in building integrations and pipelines to AWS SageMaker ML platform
- Experience with Data streams at high scale (Apache Kafka, Kinesis)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (DynamoDB) and Graph databases (Neo4j, Neptune)
- Experience in working in teams with Agile software delivery and DevOps practices
- Well-versed with CI/CD principles, and experience in solving issues in a distributed services ecosystem
- Experience mentoring lead engineers
- Ability to evaluate a problem space and make a technology decision based on what’s best for the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with both business and technical customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Technology, or equivalent experience
Nice to have Requirements:
- Experience with working on modern front-end technologies like React, Angular or Lightning Web Components.
- Exposure to current technologies in identity and access management domain such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $213,900 to $326,300.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $233,300 to $355,900.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.