MuleSoft Technical Consultant
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
MuleSoft - Technical Consultant
As a MuleSoft Technical Consultant, you will enable our customers to realise the full value of their integration landscape by connecting their applications, data and devices. In this role you will work across our customers’ technical teams as their trusted advisor on the MuleSoft product stack, integration delivery and API Management.
To be successful in your role, we provide a structured onboarding period where you will benefit from a variety of learning experiences, including peer mentoring, certification and formal training. To ensure your colleagues also benefit from what you add to our team, you will be recognised for contributing to the growth of others and for delivering our internal initiatives that are focussed on increasing the impact we have on our customers and the wider Salesforce community.
At Salesforce, the success of our customers is at the heart of everything we do. As a team, MuleSoft Professional Services is dedicated to drive this success and digital transformation for our customers across EMEA. Our achievements are made possible by the diversity and growth mindset of the people in our team who strive to create the best experiences for their colleagues and our customers.
Your Impact within our Team:
Our success is measured by increasing the adoption of our platform within our customers and the value our services brings through enabling them to meet their business outcomes. As a MuleSoft Technical Consultant, you will play a critical role in achieving our goals by providing outstanding technical services to guide and enable our customers to establish and operate their MuleSoft Platform and to effectively realise, run and optimise their APIs and integration ecosystem.
Your thought leadership and mentoring will be key for the professional growth of your colleagues and for the continuing evolution of our Practice’s capabilities.
What you will achieve in your first 3 months:
- Deep dive into the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform and ramp on our Professional Services’ approach and methods through formal training, self-paced learning, mentoring and coaching and support from your new team
- Establish your network across the Professional Services organisation and the wider MuleSoft and Salesforce ecosystem
- Gain a practical understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a MuleSoft Technical Consultant through shadowing colleagues on customer engagements. Contribute to the outcomes by having the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills developed during your ramp period
- Achieve your MuleSoft technical certifications and feel fully ramped on our technology and implementation methodologies & standard processes.
- Begin mentorship and guidance of other Services team members and help to build out our team knowledge and capabilities
What you will achieve in your first 12 months:
- Be an active part of increasingly significant customer focussed activities where you will provide customer and partner teams with hands-on technical leadership throughout the development, governance, and operational processes of their API lifecycle
- Drive increased adoption of the MuleSoft Platform across the customers' organisation by enabling their Technical Architecture, Design & Development, QA, Infrastructure and Operational functions in MuleSoft standard processes
- Initiate the process of developing your expertise to gain recognition as a subject matter expert. This involves actively contribute to our knowledge base and assist in the technical growth of your peers through mentoring and coaching
- Establish yourself as a MuleSoft guide whilst continuing to deepen and broaden your knowledge of our evolving products and the wider scope of technologies and approaches required for the diverse demands of your role
- Innovate with teams across the wider MuleSoft & Salesforce organisation to enhance our Product and the Services we provide
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of APIs and complex integrations for our customers while meeting the high-quality standards set within the MuleSoft professional services team.
- Confirmed experience on the implementation of enterprise-scale integration solutions across the Software Delivery Lifecycle. These solutions are ideally composed from a range of technologies, patterns & architectures such as:
- MuleSoft or similar products (e.g. Tibco, Dell Boomi, Apigee, WSO2)
- Microservices, batch-based processing, Event Driven Architecture patterns implementation,NoSQL
- REST and SOAP services implementation
- One or more industry prevalent programming languages (Java or equivalent)
- Traditional, containerised or cloud based infrastructure
- Hands-on experience of implementing DevOps principles and Software Engineering standard processes, such as CI/CD, Test Driven Development and automation
- Success in mentoring/coaching colleagues or customers to design, deliver & assure high quality software when faced with challenging requirements and a complex technology landscape
- Willingness to travel regularly to meet customer needs as required
- Full proficiency in Spanish and English
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Achievement of “MuleSoft Certified Developer - Level 1” certification
- Experience on enterprise grade MuleSoft Anypoint Platform setup (preferably with hands-on on different deployment models)
- Awareness of API life-cycle management, from API design and integration development through to deployment, operations and governance
- Experience on conducting performance tuning of applications, MuleSoft Runtime and Anypoint Platform configurations
- Adding to your team through mentoring colleagues and contributing to internal initiatives to enhance and evolve the team’s technical capabilities
- Hands on experience in building and maintaining highly available systems on Kubernetes
- A track record of experimenting with new technologies and/or contributing to the open source community
- Experience of learning and applying a variety of full-stack technologies outside of the integration domain (e.g. for App or Web Dev) and of carrying roles across the wider SDLC (e.g. QA, Operations, SysAdmin)
- A passion for continuous improvement where innovation & automation has introduced measurable change
- Holding external/third party qualifications and certifications relevant to this role (e.g. Salesforce, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Full proficiency in Portuguese
- Strong capabilities (written & spoken) in additional languages prevalent across the EU
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.