Salesforce Technical Architect, Healthcare & General Insurance
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryCustomer Success
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
The Technical Architect will support the full implementation lifecycle, from prioritization to deployment in an evolving ecosystem consisting of clients and partners. The Technical Architect will be responsible for optimally designing and building the Salesforce Industry-specific Vlocity Health and Insurance solutions in Salesforce Cloud.
The Technical Architect maintains an ongoing comprehensive understanding of the cloud-computing ecosystem. Technical Architects typically will specialize in a salesforce platform (e.g. Force.com (Sales, Service, Community, IoT, Einstein Clouds), Health Cloud & Insurance) but the ability to develop solutions cross-cloud is becoming more critical.
- Working closely with Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects, and directly with clients and IT development staff to architect technology solutions to meet client needs and ensure the software product is proven accurately and the go-forward solution is easy to maintain and meets standard processes. This includes a lead role in project discovery and definition workshops, contributing to creating scope and development estimates, and documenting requirements and designs.
- Effective in understanding business needs and distilling the information into business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with internal partners (sales/pre-sales, engineering, other services teams, etc.) to help customers improve the value of their Salesforce Industry products and services.
- Designing ground-breaking technology solutions and working directly with customers to meet their business requirements in accordance with industry standard processes.
- Leading and mentoring the development and QA teams on the project.
- Responsible for the application design, development, and support of Salesforce-related projects. The candidate must demonstrate dynamic leadership in the full life cycle of the software development environment.
- Through the use of UML diagrams, design documentation, and best-practice methodologies; the candidate will be responsible for the detailed design of Salesforce-related projects from inception through production support.
- Responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business unit, ensuring that proper testing is implemented, and performance requirements are closely supervised by working with the development teams.
- Responsible for creating, delivering, in a timely and accurate fashion, CRMs and workflow solutions using Salesforce/Apex, Visualforce, Lightning, LWC, and J2EE technologies.
- Advocate and implement standard process development methodology to drive quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- Develop POCs or help customers and partners with complex coding tasks.
- Identify and lead internal initiatives to grow the consulting practice; contribute to the overall knowledge base and expertise of the community.
- Extensive experience and understanding of the Insurance (General or Health) Sector and the need for digital disruption.
- A foundational understanding of the individual, small group, large group, medicare plans supporting medical, dental, vision offerings
- A strong understanding of Payer & Provider Sector Network Management of Healthcare & Salesforce Health Cloud Data Model
- Experience delivering Member Care & Patient Management solutions to Healthcare customers
- In-depth understanding of key health and insurance principles, including insurance product configuration, rating models, Policy fulfillment, Policy administration, underwriting, claims processing, provider network management, etc.
- 8+ years of experience working on deployment teams, ideally using Agile development techniques.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of customer projects, preferably enterprise CRM implementations for Health/Insurance clients.
- Experience leading teams in the analysis of sophisticated problems, and the design and implementation of related solutions.
- Experience in Salesforce (SFDC) CRM with end-to-end implementation experience.
- Salesforce.com integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools.
- Strong experience with configuration, customization, programming with APEX APIs, APEX Triggers, Apex classes, APEX Web services, API, AppExchange deployment, Salesforce.com s-controls. and implementing new instances of Salesforce.com from scratch.
- Additional Salesforce.com experience includes Workflow Alerts and Actions, Approval Workflow, Process Builders, and Lightning Flow.
- Strong practical deployment knowledge of Lightning, VisualForce, Flex, and LWC.
- Ability to define the system landscape, identify gaps between current and desired end-states, and deliver a CRM solution.
- Understanding of DevOps and Release Management for large-scale transformation projects.
- A self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground
- Excellent communication skills to connect with customers, partners, and internal team members
- In-depth knowledge of Health and General Insurance processes in industry-specific solutions (e.g. product configuration, rating models, quote, policy management, underwrite, claims, provider network management, etc.)
- Understanding of individual, small group, large group, medicare plans supporting medical, dental, vision offerings
- Data modeling, Process modeling tools, and standard methodologies
- Salesforce Sales/Service Cloud, Health Cloud/Insurance Cloud Consultant
- DevOps and Release management
- Prior experience working with Salesforce, Siebel Industry Applications, or other industry-specific CRM applications is an advantage.
- Salesforce/Apex, Triggers, Workflow Alerts and Actions, Process Builders, Visualforce, Lightning, LWC
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business or a related field
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.