Machine Learning Engineer
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Salesforce is looking for Machine Learning Engineers to build generative AI services, pipelines and components to enable the development and delivery of Einstein GPT vision. You will work on and ship impactful generative AI platform, applications and products used by millions of people every day.
We are a group of data scientists, machine learning engineers and software engineers that share a passion for designing data products, and building Generative AI services to help improve the way that generative product is delivered. We love to learn, teach and help each other, and we are looking for people with a collaborative attitude and openness to others' ideas.
You will play a critical role in incorporating artificial intelligence and generative AI into the Salesforce. You will participate in the end-to-end AI product development lifecycle. You will design and develop the scalable deep learning and generative AI system and services, and partner with AI Platform Engineers, Software Engineers to define requirements, design and develop reusable workflow and ML pipeline.
What you’ll do:
- Design and deliver scalable generative AI services that can be integrated with many applications, thousands of tenants, and run at scale in production.
- Drive system efficiencies through automation, including capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Participate in periodic on-call rotations and be available for critical issues.
- Partner with Product Managers, Application Architects, Data Scientists, and Deep Learning Researchers to understand customer requirements, design prototypes, and bring innovative technologies to production
- Participate in meal conversations with your team members about really important topics, such as: Should the cuteness of panda bears be a factor in their survivability? Is love a decision tree or a regression model? How far ahead would society be today if we had 12 fingers instead of 10?
- 2+ years of industry experience of ML engineering in building AI system and/or services.
- Experience with LLMs and prompt engineering
- Strong experience building and applying machine learning models for business applications
- Strong experience programming in Python, and using machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Proven ability to implement, operate, and deliver results via innovation at large scale
- Experience with distributed, scalable systems and modern data storage, messaging and processing frameworks, including Kafka, Spark, Docker, Hadoop, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Deep Learning and Machine Learning algorithms. In the very least, you have a strong interest in this domain, as exemplified by coursework you've taken and personal projects you developed.
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership coupled with collaboration and leadership.
- Experience in developing deep learning models with complex business use cases and big amount of unstructured data.
- Solid Machine Learning Engineering background and familiarity with state-of-the-art deep learning techniques especially for NLP.
- Expertise with applying LLMs, prompt design, and fine-tuning methods
- Strong background in ML approaches and techniques, ranging from Artificial Neural Networks to Bayesian methods
- Experience with conversational AI
- Fantastic problem solver; ability to solve problems that the world has not solved before
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple technical and business teams
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For New York-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $220,000.For Colorado-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $183,400.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $133,400 to $201,700.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $220,000.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.