Principal Product Designer- Slack
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategoryUser Experience
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good– you’ve come to the right place.
We're hiring a Product Designer to craft the future of Slack's next-generation platform. Designers here work across every stage of product development, from shaping the experience of new features to prototyping and finding creative solutions to the craft and finish of every detail in the product. On our design team, we appreciate designers who think deeply, speak clearly, work collaboratively, and have an excellent collection of animated GIFs.
At Slack, we have a positive, diverse, and encouraging culture — we look for curious, inventive people who work to be a little better every day.
The Platform team develops experiences that help end users automate their Slack experience and integrate it with the tools they use every day. We work on providing product experiences that are extensible to developers and builders — non-technical people using Slack's no-code platform tools.
What you'll be doing
- Work with design, product management, and engineering to generate ideas and turn them into a thoughtful and humanized product experience.
- Work closely with designers on the team to define features and the overall direction of your product area.
- Partner with engineering and product management to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience.
- Use the Slack design system to craft flows, prototypes, sketches, and high-fidelity visuals for your features.
- Improve your team’s work by asking for and offering feedback from other product designers and cross-functional teammates.
- Distill complicated problems into simple, well-rounded solutions based on human-centered design and research data.
What you should have
- Consistent track record in an individual contributor role on a product design team for desktop or mobile
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, and visual design.
- Solid understanding of how to craft usable, accessible, and modular designs that can scale to millions of users.
- Experience working and collaborating with complementary teams with varied strengths in a rapid-growth environment.
- Experience working with product managers to strategize product features.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (bonus points if you love to use emoji)
- A growth mindset, curious and eager to explore diverse ideas and learning, and seeking new opportunities and challenges
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $210,800 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.