Distributed Systems Software Engineer - Public Cloud (Senior/Lead/Principal)
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job CategorySoftware Engineering
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Note: By applying to the Public Cloud - Distributed Systems Software Engineer posting, recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring software engineers will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Our Public Cloud engineering teams are responsible for innovating and maintaining a large scale distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. You will need deep experience with concurrency, large scale systems, proficiency with solving real-world data management challenges, a strong understanding of how to craft solutions that are highly available, and a proven ability to design, develop, and optimize the core back-end systems.
- Deliver cloud infrastructure automation tools, frameworks, workflows, and validation platforms on our public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Azure, or Alibaba
- Designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple data centers
- Using and contributing to open source technology (Spinnaker, Zookeeper, etc.)
- Developing Infrastructure-as-Code using Terraform
- Writing microservices on containerization frameworks such as Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos
- Resolving complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Participate in the team’s on-call rotation to address complex problems in real-time and keep services operational and highly available
- A related technical degree required
- 4+ years backend software development experience
- Deep knowledge of programming in Java, Golang, or Python
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test Driven Development
- Experience with critical infrastructure services including, monitoring, alerting, logging, and reporting applications
Benefits & Perks
Check out our benefits site which explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more.
Check out our Salesforce Engineering Site.
*IN SCHOOL OR GRADUATED WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS? PLEASE VISIT FUTURE FORCE FOR OPPORTUNITIES*
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.For Washington-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $146,600 to $280,200.For California-based roles, the base salary hiring range for this position is $160,000 to $305,600.Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for incentive compensation, equity, benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com.