Associate Counsel, Feature Production, Legal Affairs
Overview and Responsibilities
- Work with a team of attorneys and coordinators to draft, negotiate, analyze and prepare a wide variety of below-the-line production related legal documents for feature length live action and animated motion pictures, including production services agreements, product placement deals, location agreements/permits, equipment rental contracts, aircraft and boat charter agreements, confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, line/executive producer agreements, visual effects agreements, numerous post production agreements, and other contracts as needed.
- Liaise with and advise Paramount executives and personnel in various departments, along with on-set production personnel, on day-to-day production and other legal matters.
- Collaborate with other lawyers in Paramount’s features legal department to analyze and address day-to-day picture related issues including contract rights and obligations, trademark, copyright, labor/guilds, music and clearances.
- Supervise and coordinate with outside counsel in multiple countries on production legal matters.
- Coordinate insurance and safety related matters with Paramount Risk Management and Production Safety.
- Create internal status memos advising various departments of any approval rights, credits, and restrictions to ensure compliance with contractual legal obligations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and JD from an ABA school
- 2+ years motion picture production legal experience at a production company or entertainment law practice (or equivalent experience)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and internet research
- Strong drafting, organizational and time management skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to balance multiple, high priority tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio’s iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount’s film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures’ passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 135,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.