Sr. Security Operations Analyst (Incident Response/Cybersecurity)
Overview & Responsibilities
The Paramount Technology department supports our global content company through the delivery of a high quality viewing experience, system infrastructure support, and creating innovative ways for our employees to collaborate. If you are interested in a strategy that has growth, transformation, and ongoing innovation where you can help “reinvent the broadcasting wheel” Paramount Tech has a role for you…
Paramount is seeking a Security Operations Analyst to join its Global Information Security Group. This position will be a vital member of the Threat Response team, addressing information security matters globally using a wide variety of security tools. The candidate will primarily assist in investigating and analyzing response activities related to security incidents or events. The ideal candidate will share our passion for defending large-scale networks while solving complex security problems. This position will also have the opportunity to work on security and technology initiatives with company wide reach.
● Perform incident triage and handling by determining scope, urgency and potential impact
● Ability to analyze different data types from various sources within the enterprise and draw conclusions regarding past and potential current security incidents
● Understanding of incident response forensics methodologies, to include: memory forensics, host forensics, network forensics
● Document incidents from initial detection through final resolution
● Resolve incidents by working with other information security specialists and IT contacts to correlate threat assessment data
● Participate in major incidents and incidents involving vendors
● Monitor work being done by third parties on behalf of the Information Security team to ensure accuracy
● Availability during off-hours and holidays
● 3-5 years’ experience in cyber incident response team (CIRT) or security operations center (SOC).
● Familiarity with common cyber frameworks and models such as the MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, Pyramid of Pain, and modern penetration testing techniques.
● Extensive knowledge of incident response process (preparation, detection & analysis, containment & eradication, lessons learned)
● Technical understanding of SIEM, SOAR, EDR, firewalls, network and email security tools with a variety of enterprise IT and cloud-based architectures and technologies, such as networking, server infrastructure, operating systems, web applications, databases, containerization and mobile
● Understanding of attacker techniques (TTPs) and exploits, including current attacker methodologies
● Ability to understand and program in Python, Bash, PowerShell
● Extensive operating system knowledge involving Windows, Mac and Linux
● Cloud Security experience a plus
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● A self starter capable of working independently and able to quickly adjust to changing priorities
● A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
● Certifications relating to security operations, incident response or recognized technology certification such as Cisco CCNA or AWS cloud practitioner are helpful but not mandatory
● One of the following SANS certifications is highly desirable but not required: GCIH, GSOC, GSOM, GCIA, GPEN, GMON, GCDA, GDAT
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 120,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.