Digital Line Producer
CBS NEWS MINNESOTA is looking for a phenomenal Digital Line Producer to work on WCCO’s live streaming network and other digital outlets, leading and crafting content for audiences. The line producer will work with a digital team leading, optimizing and timing live and on-demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT platforms. The line producer works in coordination with News Managers and Broadcast Line Producers during live news programs, and completes other responsibilities such as writing headlines, conducting interviews, editing and publishing video, and improving SEO and shareability of all content.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Oversee and manage content on CBS NEWS MINNESOTA by building show rundowns and segments, editing video and scripts whenever needed.
- Tracking news and events; coordinating coverage with managers and line producers.
- Constantly updating news stories in the stream and producing breaking news and other updates as they happen instead of waiting for a scheduled newscast
- Anticipating the needs of news coverage with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Coding/stacking rundown content with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements.
- Writing memorable headlines, scripts and segments.
- Working with the entire digital team to develop and produce special content using the resources and storytelling of the entire WCCO Newsroom.
- Conducting interviews in the field or over web camera, shooting video, producing stories, and editing video for audiences on digital and social media platforms.
- Writing content on occasion for WCCO’s web site.
- Demonstrating expertise in timing in a control room environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in crafting and building show rundowns in cable, broadcast or digital environment OR creating digital video content in a newsroom.
- Demonstrated success operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines to write headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast.
- Detailed knowledge of social media and the competitive digital news environment.
- Familiarity with editing systems such as Edius/Stratus, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere required.
- Prior experience with iNews, and Cripsin Rapid Play preferred.
- Available for early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Understanding of SEO.
Only online applications will be accepted
APPLY ONLINE AT WCCO.COM/WCCOJOBS
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation’s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O’DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations’ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News’ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today’s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.