Financial Analyst, Streaming FP&A
The Financial Analyst will be an important member of the Paramount Direct to Consumer Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team and will interact with many different groups within the organization. Primary responsibilities will include ensuring the accuracy and integrity of forecasts and budgets, tracking performance, managing monthly operating expenses, and using analysis to assist in driving informed decision making. This position will focus on driving efficiencies within the Central Services Technology and Product Departments across Paramount Streaming.
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity within a successful and growing global media organization. It will provide wide-ranging exposure to the evolving Streaming content industry while working within the broader media umbrella of Paramount.
Key responsibilities may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Perform budgeting /forecasting work on business models to manage forecasting of the monthly P&L and drive the annual budget and financial plans for Technology and Product Departments
- Reconciliation and variance analysis of forecast to actual results.
- Work with Accounting in preparation for monthly close and analysis of results versus forecast/budget.
- Expense management, risk analysis and mitigation. Actively monitor expense levers and cost controls, such as headcount assumptions
- Manage accruals, contracts and invoices for Technology expense accounts
- Create and update technology driver models
- Recommend courses of action to business partners to drive technology infrastructure savings and optimization
- Other ad hoc requests and analyses
Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A, finance, or equivalent quantitative roles
- High level of proficiency in Excel, experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets
- Be interested in and have a basic knowledge of technology, including SaaS, Cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform), CDN, and Ad Serving.
- Strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience and demonstrate an ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners
- Be comfortable analyzing and presenting data to drive actionable insights.
- Strong work ethic and an acute attention to detail required
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 80,000.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.