Financial Analyst, Affiliate Finance
The US Networks Distribution (USND) Affiliate Finance team is responsible for the reporting and analysis of all financial information through budgeting, monthly/quarterly close and forecasting processes. USND delivers ~$8 billion in affiliate revenue through the distribution of Paramount broadcast stations and domestic cable networks. This is a meaningful role for our organization with a wide range of responsibilities.
Responsibilities for the Financial Analyst, Affiliate Finance role, reporting to the Senior Manager, Affiliate Finance, will include:
- Conduct the accurate and timely input of monthly remittances received from 100+ distributors, ensuring the integrity of data transferred among various financial applications
- Maintain and monitor outstanding account receivable balances and communicate with customers to reconcile variances and ensure payments / subscriber reporting is received
- Review and understand contractual terms to accurately input into financial databases for proper revenue recognition
- Perform end close and accounting activities
- Communicate financial information to management to assist in the understanding of performance
- Participate in annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Participate in reconciliations and variance analyses of forecast/budget to actual results for revenue
- Collaborate with colleagues to prepare ad hoc reports including subscriber reporting, modeling and internal/external audit requests
- Upload files to appropriate finance systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative area of study or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of experience of pertinent finance or accounting work
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and working with large volumes of data and reporting tools
- Well-organized and self-motivated with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and oral/written communications skills for conveying essential information/analytical problem-solving skills, ability to contextualize data optimally and efficiently
- Experience with General Ledger Systems (e.g. SAP, Oracle) a plus
- Experience in Accounts Receivable a plus
- Previous experience reviewing contracts with financial terms a plus
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to understand and articulate financial data
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to work under pressure, perform efficiently, handle multiple high priority tasks simultaneously, and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong work ethic, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Strong teammate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive issues or information
- Able to interact with individuals at all levels of an organization
Join the Paramount Streaming Talent Community! Get the inside scoop on life at Paramount Streaming and about career opportunities.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service from Paramount Global, combines live sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream Paramount Streaming’s other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Hiring Salary Range: $60,000.00 - 72,500.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.