Manager, Strategy & Business Development
We are looking for a new Manager, Strategy & Business Development, SHOWTIME / MTV Entertainment Studios &
Paramount Media Networks to join our team!
SHOWTIME / MTV Entertainment Studios & Paramount Media Networks (''MTVE'') is a global leader in the entertainment landscape comprised of SHOWTIME Studios, MTV Entertainment Studios, and a portfolio of media networks, including: SHOWTIME, MTV, Comedy Central, Paramount Network, Smithsonian Channel, CMT, and TV Land. The MTVE Strategy & Business Development department (''SBD'') helps lead the identification and execution of a variety of near-term and long-term priorities:
- The SBD partners with the broader MTVE executive team to identify a strategic path for our studios and networks that allows for sustained revenue and operating income growth.
- The SBD works in cross-functional teams with the leadership of the content, programming, finance, business & legal affairs, and research departments to achieve MTVE business goals.
- The SBD leads the business operations that support the global exploitation of MTVE’s content library in partnership with Paramount’s Content Licensing and Streaming teams.
- The SBD leads the business operations that support South Park Digital Studios, including its ancillary businesses like video gaming.
- The SBD works with stakeholders to identify, develop, and launch new business opportunities for MTVE’s studios and networks.
- The SBD is the primary point of contact for MTVE business development and corporate development opportunities.
This is a hybrid role. The team convenes 2-3 days each week at Paramount’s Times Square office.
The Manager, Strategy & Business Development will primarily work in a self-led, project-driven capacity to support the SBD. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with team members, senior management, and other Paramount business units to prepare analysis and recommendations, including creation of insightful presentations, that help achieve MTVE goals.
- Build financial and operating models; develop various financial analyses including discounted cash flow analysis.
- Assist with and on occasion lead business operations for a component of MTVE’s business.
- Monitoring and forecasting performance in various ancillary businesses.
- 2 years at a top-tier investment banking, management consulting, or private equity firm
- Deep financial modeling expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree, demonstrating outstanding capabilities
- Love for television and content
- Curiosity about the business of entertainment
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work efficiently and on multiple projects at once
- Strong interpersonal skills with the solid ability to persuade others, build consensus, and work in a team
- Excellent research skills and ability to prioritize, synthesize and present information in written format
Paramount Global (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic studios, networks and streaming services, Paramount's portfolio of consumer brands includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. Paramount delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry's most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, the company provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions.
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 114,400.00. The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.