Director Brand Strategy
KCBS – KCAL, CBS News Los Angeles is in search for a Director of Brand Strategy. Reporting to the President & General Manager, this role will be responsible for managing a clear daily brand strategy for the CBS News and Stations’ Los Angeles properties. The Director of Brand Strategy will work closely with the news leadership team to develop and deploy strategic external and internal marketing campaigns across all platforms, including linear, digital and streaming.
- Lead all aspects of and develop all creative marketing campaigns for all media, including television, radio, digital, print and out-of-home.
- Ensure alignment of brand to content and mission.
- Manage and guide a team of producers and writers in the timely development and launch of all marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with Ad Agency partner to efficiently deploy campaigns in support of breaking news and planned events.
- Infuse metrics to track brand health internally and externally.
- Interpret and translate research insights that powers the brand and informs advertising strategies.
- Ensure alignment of brand attributes to CBS News and Station core brand tenets.
- Lead and manage with sound principles and values that feed well-being, encourage growth and cultivate as sense of community among employees.
- A minimum hybrid work schedule.
- Understanding and familiarity with union collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to communicate and present concepts in a clear and engaging way.
- A champion of brand through content, culture and community.
- Have an attention to detail, tone and style.
- Thoughtful, inquisitive, dedicated to public service, and a fan of local news.
Requirements & Education:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Mass Media, Communications, Marketing, or Advertising.
- Preferred minimum 7 years of experience in leadership, promotion, and production.
CBS News and Stations, brings together the power of CBS News, 28 owned television stations in 17 major U.S. markets, the CBS News Streaming Network, CBS News Streaming local platforms, local websites and cbsnews.com, under one umbrella. CBS News and Stations is home to the nation’s #1 news program 60 MINUTES, the CBS News Streaming Network, the first 24/7 digital streaming news network, the award-winning broadcasts CBS MORNINGS, CBS SATURDAY MORNING, the CBS EVENING NEWS WITH NORAH O’DONNELL, CBS SUNDAY MORNING, CBS WEEKEND EVENING NEWS, 48 HOURS and FACE THE NATION WITH MARGARET BRENNAN. CBS News and Stations provides news and information for the CBS Television Network, CBSNews.com, CBS News Radio and podcasts, Paramount +, all digital platforms, and the CBS News Streaming Network, the premier 24/7 anchored streaming news service that is available free to everyone with access to the internet. The CBS News Streaming Network is the destination for breaking news, live events, original reporting and storytelling, and programs from CBS News and Stations’ top anchors and correspondents working locally, nationally and around the globe. CBS News’ streaming services, across national and local, amassed more than 1.01 billion streams in 2021. Launched in November 2014 as CBSN, the CBS News Streaming Network is available on 30 digital platforms and apps, as well as CBSNews.com and Paramount+. The service is available live in 91 countries. CBS News and Stations is dedicated to providing the highest quality journalism under standards it pioneered and continues to set in today’s digital age. CBS News earns more prestigious journalism awards than any other broadcast news division.
Hiring Salary Range: $175,000.00 - 225,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At Paramount, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Paramount is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.paramount.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.