Senior Manager - Tech and Data
As part of an international and fast-growing community, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager within our Financial Services Digital Transformation, Data and Technology team in Sydney, Australia. As part of the team, you will be part of an entrepreneurial team to combine your passion and experience with the Sia Partners global assets and expertise.
As an experienced financial services technology consultant, you will use your extensive network of connections to acquire new clients and grow the firm. You also have the ability to expand your network to strengthen current relationships and cultivate new ones.
The ideal candidate will lead sales and delivery engagement with existing clients and identify new opportunities within their network of relationships. You will be comfortable leading proposals, with leadership supervision and team support. You serve as the point of contact to provide industry guidance, strategic direction, and implement best practices for the organization.
You will be comfortable working with teams in diverse and dynamic environment, solving some of our clients’ most challenging problems.
- Lead and deliver projects, including project and team management. Provides support to clients on complex issues or in difficult situations; leads strategic meetings, and shares knowledge and know-how
- Leading delivery projects with Financial Services clients on a wide range on topics such as:
- M&A technology due diligence and post-merger integrations
- Core systems replacement, renewal and implementation
- Technology, Data and AI strategy, architecture and roadmap development, in alignment with corporate strategy
- Technology evangelist and innovator across the industry and technology landscape to ensure alignment with emerging and leading-edge technology.
- Cloud strategy, architecture and migration, including implementation and integration with third-party solutions.
- Machine learning, AI and statistics, including developing predictive models of decision making, supervised and unsupervised learning algorithms, econometrics, forecasting, quantitative diagnosis.
- Waterfall, scaled agile and technology product delivery
- Lead project estimating, maintaining project metrics, and commercial management
- Time management, problem solving, use of tools and methodologies, explanation of ideas, meeting management, team collaboration, and proficient handling of client relationships
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Play a pivotal role in the cultivation of expertise, serves as a technology subject matter expert and represents Sia Partners
- Play a key role in the development of new strategic solutions (squads), and contributes valuable insights and perspectives to enhance the efficacy of the organization’s strategic decision-making process
- Actively engaged in go-to-market, origination, creating awareness, building the brand, and increasing reputational capital of Sia Partners
- Use market presence and personal network within the Australia Market to support business development and expand trusted relationships
- Identify opportunities for new business and lead bid teams to deliver innovative proposals
- Supporting the development of new offers that leverage and expand upon Sia Partners global technology, data and AI solutions, partnerships and platforms (e.g. Heka.ai, SIA GPT)
- Develop strong vendor relations across the local and national market with key vendor technologies including Microsoft, SAP, Snowflake, Oracle and AWS.
- Providing technical advisory and support with business development activities and sales.
- Providing sales opportunities through vendor relations and technology based market activation strategies.
- Provide career management to team members, including establishing goals, coaching and evaluation to establish a high-performance team
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members
- Support recruitment to select outstanding candidates, and support their successful onboarding into the team
- Deliver on a range of client assignments, usually as part of an on-site project team (some travel may be required)
- Manage portfolio of work from small to large projects, developing and maintaining trusted relationships with key client stakeholders
- Assist in developing thought leadership and building solutions and methods
- Develop exceptional trusted advisor relationships with our clients
- Contribute to the development of high-quality technical offerings
- Build on the Sia Partners culture of Excellence, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Teamwork, Care & Support and Wellbeing within the practice and our people
- Lead internal corporate initiatives
- Manage team of resources to deliver high-quality work products
- Apply strategic and critical thinking to develop recommendations that address client challenges
Specific areas of expertise:
A proven track record of managing the formulation and delivery of end-to-end digital transformation, data, AI, IT advisory and/or enterprise technology projects in Financial Services. The ability to lead teams in a project is a critical skill required in our clients projects.
Desirable experience in one or many of the following:
- Programme, portfolio and project management
- Data Privacy / Data Protection
- Financial Crime / Fraud Technology
- ESG and Sustainability Technology Delivery
- KYB/KYC technology and data platform
- Hyperscaler cloud platform delivery
- JIRA / Confluence or similar agile tooling experience