GMDM - Junior Engineer - Full Stack Java,Angular Developer
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
Sony India Software Centre (SISC) was setup as a subsidiary of Sony India in the year 1997. In 2012, this organization was established as a separate legal entity as Sony India Software Centre Private Limited (SISCPL).
This organization was primarily set-up as a high-quality service delivery centre in the areas of embedded software development, enterprise applications development and support, information security services. Since inception, this organization has evolved into a very mature Global Capability Centre providing end to end technology solutions and high value services for global business organizations of Sony.
Full Stack – Junior developer
- The project includes application design & development, for Java/Angular based application/s support for SPE Corporate – GMDM project, that manages Title & related metadata
[Technology and Sub-technology]
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
2 – 4 years of experience
- [Job Overview]:
Participate in Application Design & development and create intuitive, user-friendly interfaces
- Angular, Reach.js, Material UI, DevExpress Component library.
[Good to have Skills]:
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum teams
- Spring framework, Spring Boot Micro Services, Spring Data JPA, hibernate, Java Web Services (REST)
- Good with SQL Queries
- Attention to detail to ensure consistency and accuracy in design deliverables.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and address design challenges effectively.
[Responsibilities and Duties]:
• Code and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
• Collaborates with stakeholders to scope requested new features and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Write consistent, clean, and maintainable code. Evaluates code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards, and is compatible with various browsers, devices, or operating systems.
• Mentor Junior developers and interns
• Work proactively on support tickets including debugging, analysing issues, solve and propose solutions
- Monitor & check health of application
- Work with onsite counterpart to get handover
- Work independently on new enhancement tickets
- Participate actively in Scrum calls and communicate actively with technical and business teams
- Test Driven Development, Design Driven Development, Cloud Native Development.
- Development: Proficient with Java SE 12+, must have hands on experience with advance Java concepts such as Generics, Reflection, Multithreading, Annotations, JPA, JMS, Functional Programing, Lambda, Java Stream API
- Build, CI/CD: Experience with build tools such as Jenkin, Maven and Gradle
- UI Component Framework: Excellent understanding of Material UI or Prime NG or DevExpress Component
- Back-end development expertise: You should be skilled in server-side programming languages Java and Node.js. Knowledge of frameworks like Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Boot building web applications and services
- Database knowledge: Familiarity with database systems like GraphDB, No SQL is important for handling data storage and retrieval. Understanding database design principles and query optimization is beneficial.
- API development and integration: You should have experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs. Knowledge of tools like Postman or Swagger for API testing and documentation is advantageous.
- Version control: Proficiency in using Git or other version control systems is essential for collaborative development and code management.
- Understanding of software development principles: Knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile or Scrum, as well as experience with software testing and debugging, is important.
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills: Full stack developers should be able to identify and resolve technical issues efficiently and effectively.