Strategic Connectivity Manager (Crisis Response)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STRATEGIC CONNECTIVITY MANAGER (CRISIS RESPONSE)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, is delivering low-latency broadband internet around the world. As a part of the Strategic Connectivity Team, you will lead strategic projects that directly drive Starlink’s global expansion. You pilot and execute new products and strategies, and develop ways to do so in a scalable way while working closely with partner teams to improve Starlink’s overall business capabilities.
In this role, you will be specifically responsible for growing the crisis response vertical of the Strategic Connectivity team. You will both lead Starlink’s rapid response to ongoing global crises and natural disasters across the world, as well as work to proactively prepare first responders with Starlink terminals. You will be responsible for ensuring delivery, activation, and effective use of Starlink terminals when aid is requested during a disaster, as well as managing partner relationships to help proactively equip them with Starlink. In this role, you will also manage and evolve the crisis response.
Our ideal candidate has experience in emergency and/or crisis management and is ambitious and extremely motivated to expand Starlink’s reach globally, comfortable navigating difficult, complicated, or ambiguous situations, and passionate about connecting the unconnected.
- Own success of crisis response programs and initiatives, including leading Starlink’s emergency responses to disaster situations globally
- Develop and plan the company strategy for crisis response
- Define company targets and metrics for disaster preparedness by country, own process to improve outcomes, and
- Develop processes and procedures that improve implementation, management, and operations of rapid response programs as well as disaster preparedness programs
- Own internal crisis response communication across Starlink and support external communications as needed
- Define product packages and collateral for emergency response
- Define product (hardware, software, service)) needed to support a specific customer base
- Build and manage strategic relationships with first responders and NGOs focused on disaster response
- Execute contracts end-to-end to drive toward team goals, and iterate for long-term sustainability. When necessary, account manage the rollout of a project
- Understand project requirements, manage the rollout of new programs as we close deals and onboard them, and project manage outputs
- Identify and communicate new tooling and development needs to internal stakeholders
- Set targets for the software team roadmap to develop necessary tooling and functionalities to manage crisis response projects
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years experience in an external-facing role managing vendors, commercial or government contracts, and/or large business/enterprise customers
- 3+ years of experience managing responses to crises
- 2+ years of direct people management experience
- 3+ years of experience in emergency response, emergency management, and/or disaster preparedness
- 2+ years of experience in satellite telecommunications, or emergency IT connectivity
- 3+ years of consulting, project management experience, strategic planning, or organizational development
- Background in international law, international relations, or political science
- Demonstrated ability to define and project manage a new product or program into implementation
- Experience interpreting and negotiating technical requirements
- Experience managing multiple projects and delivering under tight time and resource constraints
- International experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and sleuthing skills, going beyond just the apparent and available answer
- Significant technical knowledge of Starlink or telecommunications in at least one key area (examples: satellites, ground network, user terminals, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to craft and present professional presentations
- Excellent empathy, active listening, and resiliency skills
- Ability to read contract documents and discern requirements and deliverables
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed
- Must be local or willing to relocate to Redmond, WA
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Strategic Connectivity Manager: $110,000.00 - $150,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed based on merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.