Astronaut Operations Integrator
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ASTRONAUT OPERATIONS INTEGRATOR
The Astronaut Operations Team is responsible for integrating all humans that will fly on SpaceX missions and ensuring they have an incredible experience. From assignment to after their flight, this team works closely with our astronauts, making sure they are supported and have everything they need. This includes leading crew members through the development, planning, training, mission and post-mission phases. With the pace of human spaceflight increasing at SpaceX, both high level and extremely detailed coordination of astronaut time is critical to mission readiness and success. As an Astronaut Operations Integrator you will be responsible for developing tools and processes to help with managing astronaut schedules all while ensuring smooth operations throughout their time at SpaceX.
- Manage and maintain the comprehensive schedule of all active SpaceX astronaut flight crews
- Develop the plan and schedule for crew time, integrate internal and external constraints, identify conflicts, and drive resolution; work real time changes and adaptations as needed
- Communicate plans and schedules to stakeholders, internal and external
- Devise, uphold, and improve scheduling tools and repeatable processes for astronaut operations
- Work closely with external customer schedulers to integrate travel and availability constraints for each crew member, and respond to scheduling requests
- Coordinate logistics such as astronaut onboarding, catering, parking, and security, for astronaut training and events
- Ensure that all crew members have a positive experience working with and flying on SpaceX missions from assignment to post flight
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years of professional experience
- Demonstrated performance creating and coordinating schedules with personnel and resource constraints
- Demonstrated project management experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years of professional experience in high visibility and high demand customer-oriented positions with demonstrated results
- 1+ years personnel scheduling experience
- Outstanding organization, time management, and resource management skills
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Experience professionally handling sensitive or confidential information
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to dynamic schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Human spaceflight familiarity
- Ability to participate in developing project scope, managing project schedules, and following up with stakeholders appropriately
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling, and reporting tools)
- Ability to quickly learn new technical systems and operational processes
- Experience working with ultra-high net worth individuals
- Physical effort including standing, lifting, and carrying equipment up to 25 lbs unassisted
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- Must be available to work extended hours and some weekends as needed to support crew training and events
- Must be willing to travel in support of crew activities and significant mission events
- Ability to pass Space Force background check for Cape Canaveral
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Astronaut Operations Integrator: $75,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.