Manager, Sales Operations (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, SALES OPERATIONS (STARLINK)
As one of SpaceX’s core programs, Starlink represents the world’s most advanced broadband internet system, with over 5,000 (and counting) satellites covering 85+ countries and 2M+ customers (400% YoY growth). From aiding in humanitarian efforts to giving access to the ~40% of the world disconnected from internet access today, Starlink will play a pivotal role in the future of connecting the world in the years to come.
In order to advance Starlink’s role further, the Starlink Enterprise Sales team is hiring a Manager of Sales Operations to support Starlink’s adoption across the enterprise segment.
- Drive increased sales productivity, optimize sales allocation, and best-in-class operational excellence in achieving our Enterprise sales goals and targets
- Establish comprehensive insights and analytics function to closely track sales pipeline and progress by region and vertical, as well as identify best paths of entry and surface high potential accounts to enable the broader salesforce
- Provide insights, analytics and reporting for enterprise leadership QBRs and territory planning
- Partner with marketing functions by developing performance marketing dashboards that provide KPIs and actionable intelligence on marketing and ad spend related to in-bound sales opportunities
- Own strategy, purchasing and implementation of all sales tooling, from CRM to contact enrichment tooling
- Serve as an advisor to the VP of Enterprise Sales Jason Fritch along with other cross-functional teams across marketing, engineering, sales architecture and customer success
- As the organization scales, build and develop a strong operational team of sales operations managers and leads
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in sales operations, with 3+ years of leading and developing teams
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of professional experience in sales analytics and operations, with 5+ years of leading and scaling teams
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, finance, economics or business discipline
- First-hand experience developing a sales operations and analytics function within a large enterprise technology organization
- Independently motivated self-starter, with a demonstrated track record of ownership and direct involvement as a leader
- Dedicated experience working in the telecommunications, wireless or network industry
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills in business and technical issues
- Highly detail-oriented, diligent, and hard working with excellent customer interface skills
- Sufficient knowledge of Starlink’s network infrastructure to communicate to customers
- Experience working with cross-functional team and external customers
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel approximately 25% of the time to customer locations and other SpaceX locations
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.