Sr. SoC Design and Integration Engineer (Silicon Engineering)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SOC DESIGN AND INTEGRATION ENGINEER (SILICON ENGINEERING)
At SpaceX we’re leveraging our experience in building rockets and spacecraft to deploy Starlink, the world’s most advanced broadband internet system. Starlink is the world’s largest satellite constellation and is providing fast, reliable internet to millions of users worldwide. We design, build, test, and operate all parts of the system – thousands of satellites, consumer receivers that allow users to connect within minutes of unboxing, and the software that brings it all together. We’ve only begun to scratch the surface of Starlink’s potential global impact and are looking for best-in-class engineers to help maximize Starlink’s utility for communities and businesses around the globe.
We are seeking a motivated, proactive, and intellectually curious engineer who will work alongside world-class cross-disciplinary teams (systems, firmware, architecture, design, validation, product engineering, ASIC implementation). In this role, you will be a part of ASIC team and have the opportunity to work alongside talented engineers to design complex chips used in Satellite or User Terminal.
- Understand and define the requirements of the SOC system
- Define the micro-architecture and implement the RTL
- Help with the integration of various IPs
- Work with verification team to define and review the test plan and participate in test development and verification
- Close collaboration with various stakeholders from the System, verification and physical implementation teams to ensure we can achieve a first Silicon success.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Mathematics
- 7+ years of professional experience in IP development and SOC design
- Experience with Embedded CPUs such as ARM and standard bus protocols
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with processor architectures, memory subsystems, interconnect technologies
- Experience with major SOC interfaces such as I2C, SPI,UART and so on
- Low power design experience and being able to do performance, power and area trade-off analysis
- Experience with UVM verification methodology
- Experience with hardware emulation and validation
- Experience with all phases of silicon development
- Experience with wired and wireless communication standards
- Experience with satellite communication systems
- Demonstrate ability to work in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Chip bring up experience and being able to write sample driver codes for firmware team
- Willing to work extended hours and weekends to meet critical deadlines, as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Silicon Engineer/Senior: $160,000.00 - $220,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.