Global Logistics Specialist, Carrier Management (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL LOGISTICS SPECIALIST, CARRIER MANAGEMENT (STARLINK)
As the Global Logistics Specialist, Carrier Management, Starlink you will be responsible for carrier management, performance and transport risk mitigation, and exception management for both international and domestic supply chains. Your main focus will be on ensuring efficient and effective transportation operations, managing carrier relationships, and mitigating transport-related risks. The position is responsible for the selection and sourcing of the most efficient and cost-effective transportation routes, complying with customs requirements and compliance procedures, coordinating with different stakeholders such as suppliers, carriers, internal stakeholders, and government agencies, and ensuring timely delivery of goods to the intended destinations.
- Oversee carrier management, including daily operations, shipment flows, service quality evaluation, and performance monitoring.
- Monitor carrier performance and implement corrective actions when necessary to ensure service quality and compliance.
- Tracks, traces, and updates status for inbound and outbound materials, and consumer products and acts as the point of contact for logistics-related issues for Starlink logistics
- Mitigate transport-related risks by identifying potential issues and implementing appropriate risk management strategies.
- Manage exceptions and disruptions in transportation operations, proactively finding solutions to minimize impact on supply chain operations.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and coordination across different functions, such as procurement, sales, and customer service.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with carriers to ensure reliable and cost-effective transportation services.
- Collaborate with carriers to negotiate rates, service levels, and support with the development of contract terms and service requirements.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and regulations, implementing best practices in carrier management and transport risk mitigation.
- Analyze transport data and metrics to identify areas for improvement and cost reduction.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to provide updates on transportation operations and address any issues or concerns.
- Reports daily status to business stakeholders and weekly logistics statuses as required.
- Ensure business practices not only guarantee the movement of products in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in regulatory documentation, internal requirements, and customer flow-downs.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 3+ years of global logistics operations, with a focus on both domestic and international supply chains.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or a science discipline.
- Proven experience in global logistics operations, with a strong focus on carrier management and transport risk mitigation.
- Proven role in the development of complex global logistics models employing intermodal networks and knowledge of global supply chain and logistics markets and networks.
- Import and export experience with compliance with ITAR and C-TPAT regulations.
- Import/Export regulatory functions experience, including HTS, Schedule B knowledge, Incoterms, ISF filing process, DSP-5, DSP-73, ATA Carnet.
- Experience in managing projects, products, and developing global logistics solutions across the various logistics service modes of Air, Ground (FTL, LTL), Ocean (FCL, LCL), Multi-Modal, Intermodal, and others.
- Experience with NVOs, ocean carriers, drayage companies, freight forwarders and customs house brokerage firms’ networks and ability to navigate through these processes and organizations.
- Proficiency in logistics management software and tools.
- Experience with SQL, Excel and other data analytics tools and strong analytical and data modeling ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with carriers and stakeholders.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to travel up to 5-10%.
- This position is based in Redmond, WA, and requires being onsite - remote work not considered.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.