Global Logistics Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GLOBAL LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (STARLINK)
A Global Logistics Specialist, Starlink, will be responsible for managing and coordinating the domestic and international Supply Chain flows and movement of finished products and raw materials to support the development and production of Starlink's global network and operations and all segments therein including Satellites, Ground Network, and Starlink Production. The role will be responsible for planning and implementing the most efficient and cost-effective transportation routes, complying with customs requirements and compliance procedures, coordinating with different stakeholders such as suppliers, carriers, internal stakeholders, and government agencies, and ensuring timely delivery of goods to the intended destinations. They also analyze and optimize logistics processes, monitor shipment status, and resolve any issues or delays that may arise during transportation. Additionally, as the Global Logistics Specialist you are expected to continuously identify industry trends, technology, and solutions to drive improvements to build the best-in-class logistics operations.
- Responsible for coordinating the transport of inbound and outbound movements, both domestically and internationally using SpaceX-appointed freight forwarders and logistics providers.
- Serves as liaison between internal customer base and external logistics providers, providing quotes, arranging freight, communicating logistics protocols, and providing instructions to vendors and logistics partners.
- Communicate with vendors, forwarders, and logistics providers on documentation requirements, scheduling criteria, and model changes as required.
- Evaluate the Logistics service provider's operation and align through defined expectations to Starlink standards and requirements.
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of inbound material and acts as the point of contact for logistics-related issues at the site.
- Manages flow of goods from supply base through customs to final destination point utilizing logistics network, and support tools, and then makes recommendations to facilitate optimization.
- Manage day-to-day operations against established targets to ensure the logistics are aligned and meet the business requirements of Supply Chain and Production stakeholders.
- Serves as subject matter expert for Starlink business to ensure exigent logistics needs are met (expedite, customs processing, documentation, etc.).
- Interfaces with Supply Chain teams to develop logistics schedules necessary to support production, inventory, and material conveyance cycles.
- Identifies process gaps and makes immediate recommendations/corrective actions to policies and providers within the logistics network.
- Reports daily status to business stakeholders and weekly logistics statuses as required.
- Proactively manages and measures logistics service provider network within the Starlink network.
- Ensure business practices not only guarantee the movement of products in a quality manner, but also meet those needs outlined in regulatory documentation, internal requirements, and customer flow-downs.
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate.
- 5+ years of global logistics operations, with a focus on both domestic and international supply chains.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business, engineering, or a science discipline.
- Proven experience in global logistics operations, with a strong focus on carrier management and transport risk mitigation.
- Proven role in the development of complex global logistics models employing intermodal networks and knowledge of global supply chain and logistics markets and networks.
- Import and export experience with compliance with ITAR and C-TPAT regulations.
- Import/Export regulatory functions experience, including HTS, Schedule B knowledge, Incoterms, ISF filing process, DSP-5, DSP-73, ATA Carnet.
- Experience in managing projects, products, and developing global logistics solutions across the various logistics service modes of Air, Ground (FTL, LTL), Ocean (FCL, LCL), Multi-Modal, Intermodal, and others.
- Experience with NVOs, ocean carriers, drayage companies, freight forwarders, and customs house brokerage firms’ networks and ability to navigate through these processes and organizations.
- Proficiency in logistics management software and tools.
- Experience with SQL, Excel, and other data analytics tools and strong analytical and data modeling ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with carriers and stakeholders.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed.
- Must be willing to travel up to 5-10%.
- This position is based in Bastrop, TX and requires being onsite - remote work not considered.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k)-retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.