Sr. Benefits Analyst
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. BENEFITS ANALYST, WORKERS' COMPENSATION
- Ensure compliance with various jurisdictional workers’ compensation laws and regulations.
- Routinely evaluate processes and identify procedural improvements that minimize risk and cost of the workers’ compensation program.
- Provide workers’ compensation training and guidance to internal business partners.
- Ensure timely processing of workers' compensation claims
- Manage and oversee assigned claims on an on-going basis. Responsible for effectively managing claims to closure.
- Explain workers’ compensation benefits and procedures to injured employees and coordinate return-to-work opportunities.
- Interpret and explain rules, regulations, and procedures to employees and management.
- Coordinate and facilitate claims process by acting as a liaison between the injured employee, employee’s leadership team, insurance third party administrator, medical provider, and consultant.
- Work closely with on-site safety department to conduct initial incident investigation and gather relevant information to file the claim. Identify any apparent red flags and escalate issues as appropriate for prompt and effective resolution.
- Investigate, analyze, and determine the extent of the company’s exposure with workers’ compensation claims.
- Respond to workers’ compensation subpoenas in an expeditious manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to:
- Health and welfare benefits and retirement plan administration
- Company wellness initiatives and employee services
- Leaves of absence administration
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of human resources experience in benefits administration, leave administration, or workers’ compensation
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven ability to work independently, discretely, and handle confidential information
- Human Resources certification (PHR) and professional Human Resources affiliations
- Ability to use independent judgment and prioritize work
- Demonstrated excellence thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Highly collaborative style and strong team orientation
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple high-priorities in a fast-paced, loosely structured environment
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- This is not a remote or hybrid position and will require relocation if not already local to the Hawthorne, CA area
- Position occasionally requires the ability to work extended hours or weekends when needed
- Ability to travel to other SpaceX offices as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Sr. Benefits Analyst: $110,000.00 - $145,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.