Federal Trade Zone Operations Specialist (Starlink)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CUSTOMS OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
This role will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a compliant, efficient, and optimal customs import program for SpaceX. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for collaboratively identifying solutions and strategies necessary to support the development and implementation of global logistics networks in collaborating with relevant business elements as needed. The individual will also be responsible for supporting internal and regulatory program communications and enhancements to internal and external stakeholders as prudent.
- Manage daily import activities including daily interaction with customs brokers, vendors, couriers and freight forwarders
- Tasked with determining import and export classifications, including country/regional specific harmonized tariff configurations
- Work with various importing requirements and government agencies such as FDA, EPA, AD/CVD, Section 201,301,232, quotas and Free Trade Agreements
- Monitor Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ) operations end to end to include daily processing zone transactions
- Prepare and submit required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual documentation and forms to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in a timely manner
- Validate Foreign Trade Zones data against actual documentation as needed to ensure accuracy of integration and information
- Analyze and review weekly estimated entry (CF3461) and customs entry (CF7501, CF7512)
- Reconcile inventory records between internal and third party Foreign Trade Zones system
- Conduct reviews/audits of all Foreign Trade Zones records while ensuring accurate and complete record keeping are maintained for Foreign Trade Zones movements
- Support duty drawback claims and record keeping pertaining to drawback files
- Conduct document reviews and audits customs entries while ensuring accurate and complete record keeping are maintained per regulations
- Monitor U.S. imports to ensure timely clearance and resolve problems as necessary
- Support commercial invoice documentation review in supporting outbound shipping requests as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ of experience working with U.S. Customs and/or other international trade regulatory agencies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with U.S. Foreign Trade Zones program including compliance and best practices
- Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification, and duty drawback
- Experience in managing duty drawback programs
- Experience evaluating Federal Transit Administration/Foreign Trade Zones as well as establishment and implementation of import/export compliance programs
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Individual negotiation skills with the ability to influence
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends when needed to meet major milestones
- Must be willing to travel up to 5-10%
- This position is based in Hawthorne, CA and requires being onsite - remote work not considered
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.