Account Manager (Direct to Cell)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ACCOUNT MANAGER (DIRECT TO CELL)
SpaceX is developing a breakthrough new Direct to Cell satellite network to bring ubiquitous cellular connectivity worldwide via the Starlink constellation. We are partnering with telecommunication companies around the world to bring this service directly from satellites to existing cell phones, with the goal of providing coverage anywhere a phone can see the sky.
More than 20% of the United States and 90% of the Earth remain uncovered by existing wireless networks, negatively impacting communities around the world. Starlink was designed to connect the disconnected and this new product will greatly expand that mission, extending Starlink’s potential reach to billions of existing cellular devices. The applications range from connecting hikers in national parks, emergency workers such as firefighters, rural communities, remote sensors and devices, and people and devices in emergency situations.
The Account Manager role will serve as the point of contact for Direct to Cell’s growing base of customers from contract signature, through successful activation, ensuring all contract terms are fulfilled. This is an individual contributor role that will manage large, complex agreements. Our ideal candidate has self-starter that has a passion for developing meaningful relationships with internal and external stakeholders, blazing new trails for Direct to Cell customers, and realizing/growing revenue.
- Act as the primary point of contact for a robust portfolio of assigned accounts and own the interface from contract signature onwards (onboarding, ongoing account management, and long-term retention/growth of the relationship and revenue) with emphasis on:
- Delivering impeccable customer service, including efficient acknowledgement and resolution of issues
- Building relationships with cross functional teams (marketing, regulatory, engineering, etc.) to identify requirements and manage expectations
- Collecting, communicating, and championing customer feedback internally to influence and steer programmatic and technical development required to maintain and grow Direct to Cell business
- Retaining and growing the value of accounts
- As an extreme owner of assigned accounts, identify and successfully communicate readiness levels, requirements, schedules, and risks to realize forecasted revenue on or ahead of schedule
- Identify, design, and lead technical implementation of system enhancements and automations to improve the internal and external system interfaces
- Bachelor’s degree; or high school equivalency certificate and 6+ years of professional experience as an account manager in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of consulting or project management experience
- 3+ years working with customers to support a technical product/service
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or business
- Experience with hardware, communications, or LTE/networking technologies
- Experience managing multiple complex projects and delivering under tight deadlines and resource constraints
- Experience building long-term and successful customer relationships demonstrating empathy, active listening, and resiliency skills
- Ability to synthesize multiple unique requirements and suggest smart solutions, products, or features
- Track record of demonstrating sound business judgement, evaluating alternatives, and making recommendations that were adopted and ultimately successful
- Ability to negotiate successfully, especially after a contract is signed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to craft and present professional presentations at all levels
- Ability to manage execution of significant or complex contracts including initial intake, renegotiation of terms, and schedules
- Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts
- Availability and willingness to travel as needed to customer sites and meetings
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Account Manager: $120,000.00 - $160,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.