Client Development Analyst
The Client Development Analyst (CDA) will be responsible for support of varied client development and business generation projects for the Industrial Practice in EMEA and globally. Working closely with consultants, senior associates and associates primarily in the Industrial Practice and also other Industry & Functional Practices, the Analyst will develop bespoke capabilities documents (quals), perform in-depth research, prepare original analysis and insights, handle other assignments as directed and ensure content is adequately and regularly stored and distributed to relevant audiences. Over time, it is expected that the Analyst will develop expertise in tracking industry trends, sustainability, CEO succession and diversity topics.
This role will be based in our Amsterdam Corporate Office while interacting with the EMEA region.
Client Development Manager, Industrial Practice
Other key relationships:
Practice Director, Industrial Practice
Industrial Practice Consultants, Associates, Senior Associates, Executive Assistants
Client Development Analysts & Senior Analysts (peers)
Client Development Managers
- Create tailored client-facing materials and internal business development materials, based on a solid understanding of the potential client/client’s industry, including specific information regarding the “value proposition” (strategy, competitive landscape, culture insights, etc.). Synthesize information accurately, so that it is easily incorporated into tailored client-ready documents.
- Liaise with consultants and client development team while developing business development and client facing materials across all stages of prospecting – from new leads to competitive presentations, while ensuring consistency of content across geographies, industries, and functions in the firm
- Draft storylines and narratives which underscore the firm’s ability to serve new and prospective clients and to deliver excellence.
- Take ownership for the team’s content management. Help maintain tools and systems to assist in centralizing and organizing business development materials, including standardized and/or tailored presentations, developing templates, and the like.
- Participate and contribute as needed to internal practice calls as guided by the Client Development Manager.
- Provide administrative and communications support, including proofing, formatting and content revisions for internal and external reporting and communications.
- Develop and enhance good relationships with key stakeholders and collaborative partners across the firm.
Successful candidates will be self-directed, collaborative, team-spirited, comfortable with ambiguity, highly organized, detail-oriented and demonstrate strong project management skills.
In addition, they will demonstrate passion and ability for working with people, communicating clearly, approaching challenges with maturity and a positive attitude, and collaborating within a global team to drive greater business performance. They will be graceful under pressure, enjoy fast-paced environments, and be excellent multitaskers to partner directly with our consultants and associates across the Industrial Practice.
Finally, successful candidates will demonstrate business acumen and good problem-solving skills.
Minimal 2-3 years of full-time experience in an international corporate environment, ideally at a professional services or consulting firm. Knowledge of (or a strong interest in) manufacturing industries and/or energy, metals and mining, process industries, industrial services, sustainability, the energy transition, leadership and talent consulting is a bonus.
Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), with ability to create sharp and thoughtfully designed client-ready presentations in PowerPoint. Has experience contributing to major research efforts that include analyses of business and industry trends.
Experience with collecting and organizing information from databases and/or internet resources. Ability to analyze and synthesize data into other formats. Familiar with business reference resources such as Capital IQ, LinkedIn, BoardEx etc.
An undergraduate/Bachelor’s degree.
CRITICAL CAPABILITIES FOR SUCCESS
Is client-minded; understands and demonstrates the requirements (skills and know-how) of the role; is efficient (prioritizes own time and manages resources) and productive (focuses on driving results). Successful analysts do this through their:
- Results-oriented mindset
- Time management capabilities. Can efficiently manage multiple deadlines
- Ownership and accountability
- Attention to detail, accuracy
Synthesizes research for business development initiatives, client-facing materials or intellectual capital initiatives and provides an insightful point of view as measured by quality and timeliness of contribution to the project objectives. The successful candidate will do this while dealing with short timelines and limited information by:
- Listening and asking insightful questions
- Leveraging knowledge of appropriate resources to gather relevant information
- Effectively using the available firm resources (firm’s proprietary database, Capital IQ, Factiva, BoardEx, LinkedIn, leading management consulting publications, etc.)
- Subjecting researched facts to extensive analysis and interpretation before drawing conclusions
Using effective business writing skills to create succinct, client-ready analyses and documentation
Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally; has mature presence and is able to build broad-based relationships. Demonstrates strong networking capabilities. Successful analysts do this by leveraging their:
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues
- Strong communication skills
- Global mindset
Industry & Functional Knowledge:
Obtains and incorporates knowledge to build a meaningful area of expertise. Is comfortable in navigating through industrial contexts, keeps track of industry developments, and knows how to leverage the firm’s strengths. Successful Analysts do this by leveraging:
- Domain knowledge; awareness of industrial contexts
- Business acumen; knowledge of key business issues and how to apply these to appropriate contexts
- Firm offerings & capabilities; has an overview of what the firm can offer in different situations and is not afraid to make recommendations
Developing Self and Others:
Seeks and provides feedback, coaching and mentoring to improve performance and productivity, modifying own performance or behavior based on input; engages and empowers others. Successful Analysts do by:
- Understanding that effective teamwork and collaboration are the key to successful performance.
- Seeking and being open to feedback from peers, placing value on self-development efforts; seeking opportunities for growth
- Being flexible and adaptable to fast-paced pressured environments
- Works well in a team and encourages teamwork.
- Brings cultural awareness and sensitivity to each interaction with colleagues.
- Conducts themselves in a way that is consistent with the Firm’s values.