Information Security Specialist (US) Fusion Intel External Liaison
Building a World-Class Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open
About This Role
We are looking for someone to develop and implement Technology Controls and Information Security related policies, programs and tools. You will provide specialized expertise and guidance on assessing risks, identifying potential gaps and providing security solutions to mitigate risks and protect TD. You may also participate on projects of moderate to high complexity and provide complex reporting, analysis, and assessments at the functional, business line or enterprise level.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
- Guide partners on a broad range of specific Technology Controls and Information Security programs, policies, standards and incidents.
- Conduct risk assessment, required controls definition, control procedure appropriateness, vulnerability assessments and any other relevant areas.
- Lead or contribute to the completion of risk and control design assessments for an assigned business application, business portfolio, and overall enterprise, as well as risk mitigation and remediation plans and remediation strategy.
- Contribute to the definition, development, and oversight of a global security management strategy and framework.
- Ensure technology, processes, and governance are in place to monitor, detect, prevent, and react to both current and emerging technology and security threats against TDBG’s business.
- Develop on-going technology risk reporting, monitoring key trends and defining metrics to regularly measure control effectiveness for own area.
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures, technology control standards, and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities for improvement.
- Adhere to, advise, oversee, monitor and enforce enterprise frameworks and methodologies that relate to technology controls / information security activities.
- Influence behavior to reduce risk and foster a strong technology risk management culture throughout the enterprise .
Other duties as assigned • Driving Requirements: • Travel Requirements:
What can you bring to TD? Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. Here are the minimum requirements for this position:
- University Degree Preferred
- Information Security Certification / Accreditation an asset.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Expert knowledge of IT security and risk disciplines and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of of organization, technology controls, security and risk issues.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in complex, comprehensive or large projects and initiatives.
- Ability to serve as a lead expert resource in technology controls and information security for project teams, the business, organization and outside vendors.
- Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
– Experience working with internal partners and external partnerships to drive insights and analysis into the organization and against key intelligence questions and the needs of the organization
– Experience with presenting to senior leaders and drive reporting and insights into operational intelligence teams and the overall intelligence lifecycle.
This role sits onsite 2 days per week. #Hybrid #TDCyberSecurity
At TD, we’re guided by our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues, and share a set of values that shape our culture and behaviors. In exchange for how our colleagues show up to help TD succeed, we are committed to delivering a colleague experience grounded in Impact, Growth and a Culture of Care. No matter where you work across TD, we empower you to make an impact at work and in your community, explore and grow your career, and be part of our caring and inclusive culture.
Making Your Well-being a Priority
A caring and supportive culture that promotes colleague well-being is core to who we are. At TD, we focus on total well-being with extensive programs to help colleagues assess, manage, and improve their well-being across four core pillars — physical, financial, social and mental/emotional. In addition, we champion a safe and inclusive work environment, so colleagues feel a sense of belonging and feel supported in their personal and professional growth. Through our focus on well-being, we know that we can help our colleagues thrive, contribute to our culture of care, and support better business outcomes, because when colleagues feel their best, they’re more likely to do their best.
Our Total Rewards Package
Our Total Rewards package reflects the investments we make in our colleagues to help them and their families achieve their financial, physical and mental well-being goals. Total Rewards at TD includes base salary and variable compensation/incentive awards (e.g., eligibility for cash and/or equity incentive awards, generally through participation in an incentive plan) and several other key plans such as health and well-being benefits, savings and retirement programs, paid time off (including Vacation PTO, Flex PTO, and Holiday PTO), banking benefits and discounts, career development, and reward and recognition.
How We Work
At TD, we believe in-person connections fuel collaboration and collective creativity. Our workplace experience empowers colleagues to do great work side-by-side at TD locations, while offering flexibility to work remotely where it makes sense for the work and team. Our teams work in one of three workplace models: hybrid, onsite and primarily remote. Wherever our colleagues are working, they’ll always have access to the TD community to experience our culture of care.
Who We Are
TD is one of the world’s leading global financial institutions and is the fifth largest bank in North America by branches/stores. Every day, we deliver legendary customer experiences to over 27 million households and businesses in Canada, the United States and around the world. More than 95,000 TD colleagues bring their skills, talent, and creativity to the Bank, those we serve, and the economies we support. We are guided by our vision to Be the Better Bank and our purpose to enrich the lives of our customers, communities and colleagues. TD is deeply committed to being a leader in customer experience, that is why we believe that all colleagues, no matter where they work, are customer facing. As we build our business and deliver on our strategy, we are innovating to enhance the customer experience and build capabilities to shape the future of banking. Whether you’ve got years of banking experience or are just starting your career in financial services, we can help you realize your potential. Through regular leadership and development conversations to mentorship and training programs, we’re here to support you towards your goals. As an organization, we keep growing – and so will you.
At TD, we’re committed to fostering an environment where all colleagues are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work, experience equitable opportunities, and feel respected and supported. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of the customers and the communities in which we live and serve.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need accommodations to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com. Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
How We’re Helping Make an Impact in Communities
TD has a long-standing commitment to help drive progress towards a more inclusive and sustainable future. That’s why we launched the TD Ready Commitment in 2018, now a multi-year North American initiative. Under the TD Ready Commitment, we are targeting a total of $1 billion by 2030 in community giving across four key, interconnected drivers of change: Financial Security, Vibrant Planet, Connected Communities, and Better Health. It’s our goal to help support change, nurture progress, and contribute to making the world a better, more inclusive place for our customers, colleagues, and communities.
We look forward to hearing from you!