Applied Scientist I
The Capital Group
“I can succeed as an Applied Scientist at Capital Group”
As an Applied Scientist on our Global Insights and Analytics team, you will play a key role in researching and developing cutting edge machine learning and artificial intelligence applications that enable sales and marketing teams to empower financial advisors with relevant investment solutions. You will be developing cutting edge AI applications, including: conversational AI driven chatbots, recommender systems, time series models, and optimization algorithms. These applications will contribute to engaging and guiding clients by delivering personalized investment content and products, predicting client’s next best action, and determining where and when to target clients.
You will conduct research and experimentation to identify and implement state-of-the-art methodologies in large language modeling and analyze patterns from thousands of behavioral characteristics of financial advisors and investors, market news and economic data, to personalize investment outcomes. You develop Neural Network based frameworks to solve a defined problem, by thoroughly understanding model diagnostics, focusing on ML engineering aspects to deploy scalable solution and summarize model results for business stakeholders. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, define framework, and ensure successful implementation of different applications.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You have an MS in (PhD preferred) Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years (post MS)/ 1+ years (post PhD) of relevant work experience, including industry experience or as a Researcher in a lab.
- You are experienced contributing to research communities- publishing papers/blog articles related to machine learning.
- You have experience in Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Deep Neural Networks, Computer Vision. Experience with Optimization algorithms is a plus.
- You have expertise in major programming languages (C++, Java, or similar), scripting languages (Python, or similar), and Deep Learning Framework.
Southern California Base Salary Range: $166,551-$266,482
In addition to a highly competitive base salary, per plan guidelines, restrictions and vesting requirements, you also will be eligible for an individual annual performance bonus, plus Capital’s annual profitability bonus plus a retirement plan where Capital contributes 15% of your eligible earnings.
You can learn more about our compensation and benefits here.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.