The Carlyle Group
General Ledger, Reporting and Taxation
• Prepare accounting journals in PeopleSoft accounting system including input correct account coding and supporting documents;
• Prepare month-end closing related reconciliation, schedules, breakdown, and reporting package;
• Assist in preparing financial statements, liaising with external accountants, tax advisors, and local office managers to resolve issues timely;
• Assist in preparing corporate income tax, VAT, and other tax provision calculation in accordance with both US and local GAAP. Prepare tax filing documentation in accordance with local tax requirement; and assist in preparing regulatory filing and monitor financial compliance for licensed entities;
Accounts Payable and Payment Processing
• Process vendor invoices under SAP Ariba accounting system, including review and input accounting vouchers in accordance with Carlyle chart of accounts and coding guideline. Work closely with external accountants in the Asia Pacific region to review their invoices input;
• Verify invoices and other requests for payment are properly approved and supported in accordance with Carlyle policies and procedures for various offices in Asia. Follow-up with internal approvers to ensure invoices are timely approved and processed;
• Audit travel and entertainment (“T&E”) expense reimbursement submitted through SAP Concur T&E system to ensure they are adequately supported and in accordance with the policies;
• Perform bank payment functions through internet banking portals and bank reconciliation.
Budget & Reforecast, System design and implementation, and others
• Assist in providing information for budget / reforecast, and other ad-hoc requests;
• Support in internal control, internal audit and external audit testing / queries;
• Support in resolving issues, system upgrade, process enhancement, new functionality rollout; and
• Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Professional Experience • At least 3 years of relevant work experience in the similar position; • Experience in Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise and SAP Ariba or similar is an advantage; • Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook; • Ability to work to tight deadlines, under pressure and to multitask, and meet ad-hoc requests; • Attention to details, self-motivated, able to work independently, cope with multi-tasks and strong problem solving skills; and• Proficient in written and spoken English and Chinese including Mandarin.
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $385 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 562 investment vehicles as of June 30, 2023. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 2,200 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business.