Associate/Senior Associate, FP&A
TPG is a leading global alternative asset management firm, founded in San Francisco in 1992, with $212 billion of assets under management and investment and operational teams around the world. TPG invests across a broadly diversified set of strategies, including private equity, impact, credit, real estate, and market solutions, and our unique strategy is driven by collaboration, innovation, and inclusion. Our teams combine deep product and sector experience with broad capabilities and expertise to develop differentiated insights and add value for our fund investors, portfolio companies, management teams, and communities.
TPG’s success depends on our people, and we build and sustain our world-class team by creating an inclusive, supportive culture within the firm that seeks excellence and encourages humility and transparency. The quality of our investments and our ability to build great companies depend on the originality of our insights. Reaching our firm’s full potential means supporting every team member to bring the fullness of their unique perspective to their work and to our community. We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to foster diversity of thought and reflect the breadth of our limited partners and portfolio companies.
Description of Position
The Financial Planning and Analysis Associate or Senior Associate provides financial and data analytics on Business Unit (BU), Functional, and total Corporate P&L activities. The Associate plays a key role in reporting on projected financial and operational results of TPG Operating Group and managing against key performance indicators (KPIs) of both BUs and Corporate Functions. The Associate works with other FP&A team members to support the Firm in achieving business goals and creating value.
- Financial Reporting and Analytics: Compiles or prepares reports, graphs, and charts of financial data. Support continuous improvement of the current budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes and deliverables. Participate in the development of presentations made to Senior Management.
- Data Modeling and Analytics: Data extraction and dashboard/report development to evaluate performance and financial results.
- Performance Management: Assist in the development of scorecards, measurement tools and KPIs. Monitor operating performance, highlight trends, and analyze drivers of unexpected variances and develop actions and solutions to increase profitability. Help improve performance by evaluating enterprise-wide trends.
- Adhoc Financial Analysis: Conduct root cause and executive reporting and analysis. Identify and execute operating efficiency and cost reduction strategies. Perform revenue and expense trends analysis. Support strategic projects requested by Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s degree: major in accounting, finance or business, CPA a plus
- 3-5 years of finance experience; proven FP&A skills a plus
- Strong financial analytics, data mining and financial modeling skills
- Requires a data driven mindset and ability to add structure to fluid and/or ambiguous requests
- Ensures the quality of work output by displaying a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment across group lines to achieve goals
- Results oriented, strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data
- Resourceful, efficient professional with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Proven acumen in leveraging Excel on an expert basis, experience with PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as strong oral and written communication skills
It is expected that the annual base salary for this role will be up to $115,000-125,000. Base salary is one component of TPG’s competitive total rewards package which typically includes discretionary compensation, comprehensive health benefits, and paid time off. Other incentives may also be available to certain eligible employees.