Associate, Client and Capital Formation
TPG is a leading global alternative asset management firm, founded in San Francisco in 1992, with $212 billion of assets under management and investment and operational teams around the world. TPG invests across a broadly diversified set of strategies, including private equity, impact, credit, real estate, and market solutions, and our unique strategy is driven by collaboration, innovation, and inclusion. Our teams combine deep product and sector experience with broad capabilities and expertise to develop differentiated insights and add value for our fund investors, portfolio companies, management teams, and communities.
TPG’s success depends on our people, and we build and sustain our world-class team by creating an inclusive, supportive culture within the firm that seeks excellence and encourages humility and transparency. The quality of our investments and our ability to build great companies depend on the originality of our insights. Reaching our firm’s full potential means supporting every team member to bring the fullness of their unique perspective to their work and to our community. We are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace to foster diversity of thought and reflect the breadth of our limited partners and portfolio companies.
This position may also be located in TPG's NY office.
Our TPG Client & Capital Formation Associate will support the work of the TPG Capital Formation team, specifically focused on TPG Growth (our middle-market growth equity platform) and The Rise Funds (our global social and environmental impact platform). The Client Formation team raises capital and manages relationships with TPG investors across private equity, growth equity, real estate, public equity, and impact investing. Our associates typically have a few years of banking, consulting, IR-related or other post undergrad work experience combined with a highly motivated professional style and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with attention to detail and a sense of urgency.
This role requires strong writing, analytical and research skills as well as working knowledge of private equity investing (including financial analysis). This role regularly partners with senior and junior investment professionals across the firm to serve our top tier limited partners.
The core content of the Client & Capital Formation Associate role includes:
- Capital Raising – partnering and supporting the capital raising strategy for TPG funds including the creation of customized investment solutions for global investors. This includes drafting marketing materials, Private Placement Memorandums and pitchbook presentations and creating detailed due diligence materials, including qualitative and financial analysis of TPG’s performance, strategy, team as well as the current investment environment.
- Investor Updates - Draft transaction overviews and fund updates for limited partners in coordination with internal deal teams. Assist with the coordination and content creation of annual investor conferences, develop semi-annual Advisory Committee presentations, draft portfolio performance presentations and private equity industry and market developments for senior team members. Ensure timely and thorough responses to various investor queries regarding investment performance, capital accounts, deal referrals, reference checks, sector trends and themes, macroeconomic conditions, etc. input
- New Business Research -Source relevant data, anecdotes and illustrations for various investment topics. Conduct modeling and fee analysis to evaluate new business strategies
- Co-Investments - Coordinate the equity syndication process for some portfolio company investments, from initial solicitation to diligence and lead the closing of any open issues
- Firm Branding -Research and analyze relevant activity, trends and players in the private equity industry and the market environment and work with senior professionals to communicate TPG’s differentiated investment views to limited partners
- Other Presentations - Draft, research and edit speeches and presentations given by founding partners for conferences, business schools, government agencies, LP boards, etc.
It is expected that the annual base salary for this role will be up to $130,000. Base salary is one component of TPG’s competitive total rewards package which typically includes discretionary compensation, comprehensive health benefits, and paid time off. Other incentives may also be available to certain eligible employees.