Strategic Planning Lead Analyst
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Strategic Planning Lead Analyst participates in the problem/solution identification, design, development, and implementation of assigned projects. Assigned projects may be general or systems related in nature. Interfaces with internal and external resources to ensure successful and timely completion in accordance with user needs. Participates in training users and evaluating the project. Manages performance of the project team and evaluates overall team performance.
The Strategic Planning Lead Analyst leads the day-to-day strategic planning process within an organization. They are responsible for researching, planning and drafting strategy data, and insights to inform the planning process. Their role involves planning and facilitating strategic planning meetings, conducting SWOT analysis, and identifying key objectives and initiatives. They enable senior management to align strategies with the company's vision and goals. The Strategic Planning Process Lead Analyst also proactively the progress of strategic initiatives, identifies potential risks, and recommends adjustments as necessary.
Strong project management, analytical, and communication skills are vital for success in this role. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operational lead in managing three-year strategic planning process on an ongoing, annual basis
- Operational lead in creation of quarterly strategic scorecard
- Partner with Strategic Risk to determine, maintain and evidence strategic planning and scorecard controls/reporting
- Compiles and analyzes information for an assigned project or areas making recommendations based on findings to support strategic recommendations
- Leads enterprise strategic initiatives across the company
- Drafts business strategy and acts as strategy primary liaison for departments and enabling functions.
- Leads key management processes improvements and kickstarts strategy execution.
- Builds effective working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Conveys complex materials to senior executives with exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have a strong executive presence.
The capabilities and experiences most critical to success in this role are:
- Master's degree, or equivalent work experience
- 10 or more years of experience in project management activities
- Comprehensive knowledge of strategy core principles
- Experience in the finance, payments, consumer banking, wealth or institutional banking fields.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of project management
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions and to analyze data
- Ability to frame up complex business problems using a multi-disciplined, analytical, and fact-based approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $112,880.00 - $132,800.00 - $146,080.00