Senior Audit Manager - Enterprise Compliance Management
At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
The Corporate Audit Services Senior Manager role is an exciting opportunity to build and establish an environment that will be impactful, and drive the future of the internal audit staff, and processes. The Corporate Audit Services (CAS) Senior Audit Manager – Global Compliance Management is a senior level management position that supports the Regulatory Compliance Audit Director of the Risk Management and Compliance audit team. This role supports the Audit Director in providing the Audit Committee and senior management with independent assurance and advisory services designed to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes of U.S. Bancorp (USB), affiliates, wholly owned subsidiaries and entities where USB owns a majority (controlling) interest.
The Senior Audit Manager also has strong knowledge of Compliance Management Systems managed by Global Corporate Compliance (GCC). GCC is responsible for developing, maintaining, and tracking the implementation of GCC Policies, Procedures, and Country Requirements. GCC oversees USB's compliance with applicable laws and regulations through execution of the compliance risk management framework across the first and second lines of defense, including: risk identification, change management, risk assessments, management reporting, and provide consultation and credible challenge to support the development of effective business line control environments subject to compliance risk.
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction, leadership, and coordination of compliance risk coverage for USB’s compliance risk management framework, second line activities/programs that support effective compliance risk management (e.g., independent compliance testing, Community Reinvestment Act program etc.), and business line execution within the compliance risk management framework. The Senior Audit Manager will coordinate across the department to obtain adequate risk-based coverage with demonstrated expertise and the ability to effectively communicate program requirements, requirements of laws and regulations to non-compliance business partners and key stakeholders.
We are seeking an experienced senior business audit executive that has strong knowledge of audit, risk management, and regulatory expectations (e.g., Office of the Comptroller of Currency’s Heightened Standards and Federal Reserve Board’s Large Financial Institution Rating System) at large financial institutions. This individual will have skills and experiences to effectively manage deliverables, own and lead the compliance risk management audit plan, provide oversight of audit activities over the risk management activities mentioned above, and deliver updates to operating committees, senior management, and key stakeholders.
Lead a team of managers and audit professionals and is expected to recruit, hire, and develop assigned personnel in accordance with U.S. Bank Human Resources Policies and Corporate Audit Services Policies, Standards and Guidelines. These duties include active participation in recruiting activities; establishing and managing development plans for assigned personnel; and providing quarterly performance feedback and annual performance evaluations for assigned personnel. Also includes addressing performance problems promptly.
- Supervise audit managers in the completion of audit engagements, ensuring the highest quality of work is delivered timely. Supervision includes:
- Coordinating with senior audit managers and managers to plan audit engagements.
- Ensuring reviews are performed to ensure audit engagement work contains relevant facts to support audit scope and conclusions and adhere to internal audit policies and procedures.
- Reviewing audit reports which communicate audit opinions and audit issues in a timely, clear, and concise manner.
- Monitoring progress of audit engagements against plan and schedule and working with senior audit managers/audit managers to make necessary adjustments.
- Supporting the Audit Director by creating and ensuring board, committee and other stakeholder reporting for completeness, consistency with other internal audit material and accuracy of the most up-to-date information. Overseeing ongoing progress and remediation by management for all outstanding operations issues across the entire enterprise and supporting other Senior Audit Directors/Audit Directors. Presenting as needed at Sr. Operating Committee and Sub-Committee meetings.
- Develop and deepen relationships through regular interactions with key internal and external stakeholders that include but are not limited to: senior management; internal control partners; regulatory agencies; external auditors; external subject matter experts; and industry peers. This includes regular participation within industry peer groups.
- Collaborating across the three lines of defense regarding business processes, risks, and controls. Coordinating audit activities by integrating other internal audit subject matter teams (e.g., Business Lines, Technology, Anti-Money Laundering, Model, Risk Management, Data, etc.) to ensure appropriate and efficient coverage of the business products, services, and processes. Managing the team’s workload to assist other audit teams when resources are needed for areas of higher risk.
- Drive automation and data analytics opportunities within their portfolio.
- Performing other duties as requested by Audit Director.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems)
- Twelve or more years of progressive experience in internal auditing, public accounting, or other relevant experience.
- Expert/Progressive experience with consumer laws and regulations and application across products/services, systems and associated risks/controls.
- Advanced ability to effectively communicate requirements of laws and regulations to non-compliance CAS/business partners and key stakeholders
- Expert skill in negotiation skills and managing challenging situations.
- Expert/Advanced understanding of risk theory, control frameworks beyond the compliance management framework, applicable financial services industry trends; and impact of government legislation and regulation on business.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $160,480.00 - $188,800.00 - $207,680.00