At U.S. Bank, we’re on a journey to do our best. Helping the customers and businesses we serve to make better and smarter financial decisions and enabling the communities we support to grow and succeed. We believe it takes all of us to bring our shared ambition to life, and each person is unique in their potential. A career with U.S. Bank gives you a wide, ever-growing range of opportunities to discover what makes you thrive at every stage of your career. Try new things, learn new skills and discover what you excel at—all from Day One.
This role is hybrid. Team members who are in a hybrid role typically spend three days a week at the listed U.S. Bank location(s), while having flexibility on their work location for the other working days.
Entry level position in an accounting-based group within US Bank card processing division.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compiling daily journal entries files for loading of the corporate general ledger.
- Resolving file differences for accurate and timely general loading coordination.
- Daily exposure tracking on customer items and drive for closure.
- Corporate card level resolution through to balance sheet information tie outs.
- Full understanding of accounts receivable/ accounts payable accounting.
- Analysis and interpretation on front end platforms to correct data differences.
- Roles range from daily operational required activity to monthly deadlines and reporting needs.
- Balance sheet reconciliation and issue resolutions skills.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent work experience
- Three to four years of experience in financial accounting activities
- Proficient computer skills, especially in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access queries, knowledge of Pivot tables and macros) plus Workday.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and other regulations
- Ability to identify and resolve exceptions independently.
- Willingness to take on new tasks and move towards process improvements and platform enhancements.
- Strong team ethic and willingness to help in issue resolution.
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail and driven on issue resolution.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Awareness of accounting procedures
- 10 Key/Data entry management
- Strong time management skills
- Flexibility to work on daily shift in tasks and accommodate special projects.
- Set month end tasks – Day1 & Day2 requirements.
- Busy time is from 10am to 5pm.
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Learn how the way we work at U.S. Bank drives meaningful relationships with our customers and collaboration across the company.
Our approach to benefits and total rewards considers our team members’ whole selves and what may be needed to thrive in and outside work. That's why our benefits are designed to help you and your family boost your health, protect your financial security and give you peace of mind. Our benefits include the following (some may vary based on role, location or hours):
Healthcare (medical, dental, vision)
Basic term and optional term life insurance
Short-term and long-term disability
Pregnancy disability and parental leave
401(k) and employer-funded retirement plan
Paid vacation (from two to five weeks depending on salary grade and tenure)
Up to 11 paid holiday opportunities
Sick and Safe Leave accruals of one hour for every 30 worked, up to 80 hours per calendar year unless otherwise provided by law
EEO is the Law
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal KNOW YOUR RIGHTS EEO poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.The salary range reflects figures based on the primary location, which is listed first. The actual range for the role may differ based on the location of the role. In addition to salary, US Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package, including incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase 401k contribution and pension (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). Pay Range: $56,950.00 - $67,000.00 - $73,700.00